• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 denholm123

denholm123

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

"Beck band and record club regular Brian Lebarton will be putting on a synth class in September in Marfa, Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJcbOIpIFaY&feature=youtu.be

Synth Class is a free community workshop on the origins, cultures and genres that have culminated around the synthesizer over the last 60 years. Classes will be a combination of performance, history and basic knowledge on the fundamentals of sound creation. There will also be a mini "Synth Class Record Bin" with select LP's for sale, group projects, camera projections, alternative recording and sound design techniques and introductions to looping and sampling. ALL AGES, previous musical or synthesizer experience not required. To sign up visit http://www.marfasynth.com/ and for those that cannot attend in person online summaries will be posted after every class. Come find out why the synthesizer is the impetus for our space-age rebellion!

Held at The Marfa Book Company Tuesdays at 7pm starting September 11th, 18th, 25th and October 2nd."
-Facebook

#2 denholm123

denholm123

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Crap, I misread this! It's just Brian :P
That doesn't take anything away from how awesome this is, and I really wish I could go.
(Can thread names be changed?)

#3 tebe2k

tebe2k

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Interests:I like things that I understand and I seek to understand things I don't like

• Current Mood:
    Inside Out

• What I Am Listening To:
    The Information

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Nausea
  • My name is Steven and I am dancing in your minds

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

We'll just have to hold our own class with the online notes. I clearly chose the wrong time to move out of Texas!

have you ever let a color coordinated cowboy magician sit on your lap

Steve, The Amazing

#4 sasquatch was eating a burrito

sasquatch was eating a burrito

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,984 posts
  • Interests:beck, disc golf, dave grohl, orange juice, applesauce
  • I'm not about to blow it now. For all the cows.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

anyone wondering what video is showing at :36? its this video. and its probably the most badass electronic song to come out of that time period (save for perrey's own E.V.A)

Posted Image
We know we are not apes
But we could make sweet seedless grapes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users