#1 Jmj/David/Me

Jmj/David/Me

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

http://state.ie/news...he-marquee-2015

Tickets for his show, scheduled for June 16th, go on sale on Thursday March 5th priced at €57.15

#2 red90

red90

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

A bit more expensive than 2014 tour, Grammy effect? ;)

Anyways, does this mean a huge euro tour? A date in the middle of June and then some festival dates in August - there's lots of time to fill in in between :D

Come on Beck, announce something in Poland!!

#3 Jmj/David/Me

Jmj/David/Me

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

I think Poland is doubtful to be honest (waits to be proved wrong)

#4 red90

red90

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

Why? Seriously, I'm curious why you think so

#5 Jmj/David/Me

Jmj/David/Me

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

Because the likelyhood is that Beck will be over for only a few weeks. So youd be looking at ...

The Scandanavian festivals

Ireland

UK

France

Italy

Germany

Belgium

Holland

Spain

maybe Austria

and that probably fills all the available dates, just what I think though and I would also guess that album sales in the various countries would dictate as to where he plays.

#6 red90

red90

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

He will be in Europe for 9 weeks at least! That's plenty of time, and he's there in the festival season with lots of big festivals not only in Poland, but also in the Czech Republic, Slovakia or Hungary. He's not gonna play just 1 or 2 shows a week, it wouldn't pay off, and festivals are all profit.

Are you seriously making a correlation between album sales and shows in 2015? :D The Polish concert market is booming right now, and album sales - not so much. Many people listen to music on Spotify or torrent it but spend lots of cash on shows. I'm more into buying music of artists I like and going to their shows when they are around, 3-4 larger gigs a year. However, I know many people (mostly in their teens) who don't buy music but go to tens of shows each year, flying around Europe. The prices of CDs and mp3 downloads are not encouraging if you earn your living in Poland, but somehow people here are ready to splurge on the live experience.

So, if one of the 4 major festivals that take place in Poland around the time when Beck's in Europe invite him (and one of them has to, people've been asking for him a lot) and if Beck says yes (I think that the fact he's playing in Finland this year for the first time ever is a good sign) then I don't see why he wouldn't visit us during these 9 weeks.

#7 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

I'd be shocked if he toured or was in Europe for 9 weeks straight though.  The last few years his tour legs have have been in 2-3 week bursts, and I would figure that will continue (seems like it so far).

But, also he seems to be only hitting cities/places he did not hit last year, and like red90 said, in many cases, the first time ever.  So he could very well go into eastern Europe.  I have no knowledge on this, it just seems that he's been going into newish areas the last few years and it's kinda cool!  So if you're trying to predict, cast a wider net than the usual spots..

whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 red90

red90

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

I'd be shocked if he toured or was in Europe for 9 weeks straight though.  The last few years his tour legs have have been in 2-3 week bursts, and I would figure that will continue (seems like it so far).

Now when I think about it he might as well do two legs of European tour in June and August, with some dates in Asia in between (Fuji Rock is in July). Oh, I'm dying for more info.

#9 boscofuller

boscofuller

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach...

• Current Mood:
    groovy and far out

• What I Am Listening To:
    gbv

• Wanted Beck Items:
    one foot in the grave: part 2.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

Ireland is still a thing?

unicorns are pretty cool, actually.

#10 Jmj/David/Me

Jmj/David/Me

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

He will be in Europe for 9 weeks at least! That's plenty of time, and he's there in the festival season with lots of big festivals not only in Poland, but also in the Czech Republic, Slovakia or Hungary. He's not gonna play just 1 or 2 shows a week, it wouldn't pay off, and festivals are all profit.

Are you seriously making a correlation between album sales and shows in 2015? :D The Polish concert market is booming right now, and album sales - not so much. Many people listen to music on Spotify or torrent it but spend lots of cash on shows. I'm more into buying music of artists I like and going to their shows when they are around, 3-4 larger gigs a year. However, I know many people (mostly in their teens) who don't buy music but go to tens of shows each year, flying around Europe. The prices of CDs and mp3 downloads are not encouraging if you earn your living in Poland, but somehow people here are ready to splurge on the live experience.

So, if one of the 4 major festivals that take place in Poland around the time when Beck's in Europe invite him (and one of them has to, people've been asking for him a lot) and if Beck says yes (I think that the fact he's playing in Finland this year for the first time ever is a good sign) then I don't see why he wouldn't visit us during these 9 weeks.

Yes I am making that direct correlation because it makes fiscal sense to do so but not only this there are other socio economic factors which would go some way to dictation of where a tour takes place.

#11 red90

red90

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

If this was true no one would play in central and eastern Europe :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users