• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

So... looks like more than a couple radio stations will be premiering a new Beck song on Monday

I'm assuming it's in association with a new record, but who knows

No real solid info beyond that yet, but one DJ tweeted this:

Just heard new Beck song. No Morning Phase retread here; more like Tame Impala playing pétanque with fun. on ayahuasca.

https://twitter.com/...643572582248449

whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 red90

red90

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:15 PM

Yes! Can't wait :)

#3 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

Above guy deleted his tweet for some reason.  Still debuting on Monday on the radio, hopefully will leak or end up on youtube or wherever before then.

The new song is called "Dreams."

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 angelospadowski

angelospadowski

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:17 AM

All well and good and very exciting news!!!

BUT....

I still want Evil Things.  I won't feel complete with my studio copy of Evil Things.

And all the other confirmed studio recordings like "Almost a Ghost" and dozens of others over the years that were never released.  Yeah...I know I'm greedy.  But hey....I never thought we'd get "Inferno" or the second K record and those happened so I guess you never know...

#5 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:38 AM

We never got the second K Record.

Also, those outtakes are cool ideas and all... BUT NEW STUFF!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 FredYidas

FredYidas

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:38 AM

If the new song is called Dreams, I bet that's the song from the Memphis soundcheck since there are "dreams" & "dreamer"s in those lyrics.

#7 angelospadowski

angelospadowski

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:04 AM

We DID get the second K record.  We just never got the THIRD.    Beck is one prolific mo-fo.

#8 Adze

Adze

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:44 AM

So I'll share what I was up to recently: I have a friend in "the industry" who attempted to get Evil Things for me. He said he could not find a copy at all. I assume that at this point the only people who have it are the ones who got it back when they sent out those early listening files.

#9 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

If you mean One Foot Deluxe, those were all outtakes from One Foot, the first K Record.

But let's not confuse things: the "second K record" was actually a record he began as a follow-up for K but never finished nor released except for one song ("The Way It Seems").  (Though I do believe a few might have ended up re-recorded on "Mutations" probably; just an educated guess.)  Beck at one point a few years back planned to put out more from the second K but never did.

Also they never sent out Evil Things files, it was just a link to stream... so I bet a handful of people heard it, but it's even rarer, because someone would've had to go that extra knowledgeable step and actually RIP it (not always easy to do). The number of people who actually did that is certainly VERY tiny.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 red90

red90

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

This appeared on Beck.com, and then disappeared after a minute. Is it only a single title or maybe an album title?

http://i.imgur.com/ToyyPRh.jpg

#11 vaaaska

vaaaska

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

I retired from being a Beck superfan. Can somebody just post the fucking links, goddammit!

The snipers are passed out in the bushes again.

#12 vaaaska

vaaaska

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

And goddam all of you. And most especially the seacaptain.

:ass:

#13 vaaaska

vaaaska

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

I just read that Dreams is actually from the fourth unreleased K Records sessions. Suckit.

#14 tropicalia

tropicalia

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts

• Current Mood:
    Inspired
  • Im just gonna lose control for about 15 minutes or so, then Im gonna be cool for the rest of the night.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:45 PM

10559721_10205814285690899_4728937368401

ot2t1.gif

#15 Lazer Vizaginal Rejuvenation

Lazer Vizaginal Rejuvenation

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

Kanye West fucking sucks and isn't a musician

Posted Image

#16 angelospadowski

angelospadowski

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:43 AM

Way back in the day, (like beck mailing list, truck kinda days) I remember hearing about the second K record.  And when One Foot was rereleased with enough bonus tracks to actually BE a double album, I figured we pretty much got everything.   BUT....."The Way It Seems" came outta nowhere, so yeah, as always with Beck, there must be tons of amazing stuff just collecting dust somewhere, including another K album.  Shit.  I love The Way It Seems too...

A bit off topic, but if I could have just ONE abandoned Beck album it would be the 1995 rejected follow up to Mellow Gold that yielded Ramshackle, Brother, and Feather in Your Cap.  LOVE how dark and haunting the production was.  I gotta believe more stuff he played on KCRW like "Spirits" or even the original "Static" were recorded in either those sessions or the second K record.  Goddamn I'd love to hear all that stuff.   Does anyone have any more info about late 94/1995 pre-Odelay sessions?

On topic.....I just visited Beck.com and the Dreams image is there...at least it was for me.

#17 Dr. Freak

Dr. Freak

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

I like the dorky artwork. 

#18 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

they put like 10 seconds of it on Spotify if you really can't wait (search 'Dreams preview')

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Buckinghamcindy

Buckinghamcindy

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:19 AM

they put like 10 seconds of it on Spotify if you really can't wait (search 'Dreams preview')

They put the same little preview on Facebook just a few minutes ago too. As frustrating as this new age music industry easter egg hunt is, I suppose it's more than a little fun to put the pieces together.

#20 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

Here's an interview Beck did about "Dreams" and the upcoming album (sounds like it's not quite ready yet...)

http://consequenceof...ased-next-week/

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users