Help in hunt for an interview?

7 replies to this topic

#1 lordhellmutt

lordhellmutt

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:48 AM

I never post on here (but always come here for updates) but today is the day. I am currently working on a dissertation on Al Hansen and his relationship with Beck and I'm looking for a "behind the music" style short documentary that was shown on MTV (around Midnite Vultures-era I believe). If it's any help I remember the documentary features some footage of Al performing, and the soundtrack had Os Mutantes and Looper on it. I used to have a vhs taped copy of it (I'm old) but that has (probably unsurprisingly) bitten the dust. Any help would be much appreciated! 

#2 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,731 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

It's on YouTube.

Posted Image

#3 lordhellmutt

lordhellmutt

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:45 PM

Thank you! The doc I'm looking for was actually done by Mtv (who I assume was trying to get in on this "behind the music" kind of action). I remember specific clips and music from it (Os Mutantes, Looper to name a few) and there is a small section that talks about his initial approach to Odelay being marred by personal catastrophes (the death of Al being one of them). I remember vividly the line where, when talking about the switch original much more morose approach to Odelay, he says "something pulled me the other way."I know this is crazy vague and a shot in the dark but figure i'd give it a go. Thanks again for your help though! 

#4 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,731 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

Oh, damn. I saw the words "Behind the Music" in your post and just thought that you actually means Behind the Music 2! I don't believe this, but I can't remember the name of the MTV show. I have it on tape...I should go look for it.

Posted Image

#5 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,731 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:22 PM

Okay, it was called Biorhythm. I can't find it on Youtube, so I'm going to make the FLV file I have available. I can't vouch for the quality--it's been a long time since I played it. I don't even know if you'll be able to play it. It should be available until 5/29.

http://we.tl/jXAeof6RWK

Posted Image

#6 lordhellmutt

lordhellmutt

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

Hello Candy - I was out of the country and missed this but if you could repost that would be absolutely incredible. Thank you so so so much. I will be sure to put your name in the acknowledgements of whatever form of publication this endeavor takes. 

#7 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,731 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:25 AM

Okay, reuploaded: http://we.tl/VRrbyBsbSN

Posted Image

#8 lordhellmutt

lordhellmutt

Wet Bread