• 49 posts

• Current Mood:
    Listening

• What I Am Listening To:
    Beck - Ship in a Bottle

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Beercan 7"

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Last night (July 15 2017) was the second night in a row having Beck perform in the Bay Area (Northern California) ... this time in Oakland and the Fox Theatre.

The set list was fairly similar, however Beck did say they'd play a few different songs from the previous night (show in Berkeley) - Sissyneck, Jack-ass, Blackbird Chain and Wave.

Some notes on the show - Jason Faulker has a nice solo at the end of Go It Alone, something pretty different from the recorded version; Wave was an interesting inclusion, Beck had a strong reverb on his vocals as you might expect to recreate the sound from the Morning Phase recording; the band right now has a group of three additional backing musicians that Beck is referring to as the B-53s (during the band intros there theme song is 'Rock Lobster' by the B-52s).

Finally, Beck is clearly getting ready for summer festivals and other large stadium shows (for example, the U2 tour in the USA). He's said the feel of the new album is summertime festivals and fun; so he is working hard on creating crowd interaction - sometimes it's working, sometimes it's not quite working. He is practicing an 'improvised crowd song' during the band introductions (calling it the 'audience song') - he divides the crowd into four sections, asks them each to sing back a particular note, then does a short improvisation/rap. We'll see if this evolves over the rest of the shows this year.

Devil's Haircut

Black Tamborine

Think I'm In Love (I Feel Love - Donna Summer)

The New Pollution

Que Onda Guero

Soul of A Man

Mixed Bizness

Go It Alone

Sissyneck

Jack-ass

Blackbird Chain

Heart is a Drum

Wave

Lost Cause

Blue Moon

Loser

Sexx Laws

Girl

Where It's At (with band intros and crowd improvised song)

------------------

Wow

Dreams

E-Pro

muldoon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users