nitemarehippiedude

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:music,music,oh and music

• Current Mood:
    euphoric

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

and also agree that, hearing the other 10 or so songs from the scrapped folow up to mellow gold ,that have never seen the light of day..is high on my list too,as is k records 2 . as far as indivual songs go evil things and the imfamous 'almost a ghost' are 2 i def wanna hear. also believe i read once ,beck in an interview claimed he had quite a few raw rock/thrash songs sitting aroung,in the same style of spanking room..would love those as well.as ive  awlays loved his punk/thrash stuff .

#22 tropicalia

tropicalia

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts

• Current Mood:
    Inspired
  • Im just gonna lose control for about 15 minutes or so, then Im gonna be cool for the rest of the night.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

He sets the bar really high, when you hear the quality of songs that he left behind. I was listening just yesterday to some acoustic shows from September 2000 and couldn't get over how beautiful a song like Creole Belle is, but he did nothing with it. That was also one of - I imagine - a few of the songs written with the Sea Change lot that didn't make the cut.

ot2t1.gif

#23 blacktamb0urine

blacktamb0urine

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 1 posts
  • i'm sitting right here with a beer in my hand and my mouth's full of sand, and i don't understand.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Where can I hear a clip/live version of this? I had no idea this song ever existed! I don't think Beck seems to understand after all these years that his fans would LOVE to hear the b-side, homemade, unfinished demo tapes. He's too hard on himself.

#24 tropicalia

tropicalia

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts

• Current Mood:
    Inspired
  • Im just gonna lose control for about 15 minutes or so, then Im gonna be cool for the rest of the night.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

ot2t1.gif

#25 Adze

Adze

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

I know Jamiroquai scrapped a few albums worth of music due to band changes...

But the king of unreleased music is Richard D. James (Aphex Twin/AFX/GAK/Polygon Window/Caustic Window/etc.). But he's back...

WARPCD043_Packshot_1000.jpg

fuck yeah

#26 Thunderpeel

Thunderpeel

Make Out City

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts
  • "I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever" ~ Kanye West

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

Adze are you familiar with Prince and his unreleased vault of music? =D As Prince said "You must be a Prince before you are King anyway". P has a total of 36 albums from 1978 - 2014 (that is 1 album a year since 1978) not including all his side project albums, but, he has more unreleased music than he does released. I do not think there is another artist that has as many as he does.

Telegram Sam
You are my main man

#27 Adze

Adze

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

Adze are you familiar with Prince and his unreleased vault of music? =D As Prince said "You must be a Prince before you are King anyway". P has a total of 36 albums from 1978 - 2014 (that is 1 album a year since 1978) not including all his side project albums, but, he has more unreleased music than he does released. I do not think there is another artist that has as many as he does.

I totally forgot... Not to mention all the songs he wrote for others that never saw the light of day.

#28 Thunderpeel

Thunderpeel

Make Out City

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts
  • "I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever" ~ Kanye West

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

Adze we need to throw down some MV beats

Telegram Sam
You are my main man

#29 Dr. Freak

Dr. Freak

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

Sorry for spamming, but this seems like the right time for:

:lol:

#30 angelospadowski

angelospadowski

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:32 AM

Soooooooo.    Guess we're never gonna hear this one huh?

#31 angelospadowski

angelospadowski

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:35 AM

Has it been a year already since I bumped this?  Guess I'll bump it again.

Sure would like to hear this someday.

Like Almost a Ghost.  And all the others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users