• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts
  • ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

....... :angry:

I NEED IT!

You can take the Wooer out of the Woo, but you can't take the Woo out of the Wooer.

#42 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

....... :angry:

I NEED IT!

:unsure: Buy the album, Ellen.. :ph34r:

#43 stewoo

stewoo

Stewoo.net

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:17 PM

Just to pip in: I removed the topics with links to downloading the new album & songs, the same goes for any album really - there is so much Beck stuff out there you can buy every album & still be rewarded with ten times more material on top - plus its all awesome! B)

The Hub really is the place to be but you're missing out if you don't have the albums!

Currently Listening to: Spoon
Steve
.: www.stewoo.net :.

#44 YellowSweat

YellowSweat

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Bump the elephant, isn't quite as elegant.

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:25 AM

Aww my god! Just listened to a live version of Pay No Mind from that site!
:) my favourite!

I WISH he'd play that up here in le Scotland next time, but thats probably wishful thinking!

But yeeeey, i love this version!

#45 YellowSweat

YellowSweat

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Bump the elephant, isn't quite as elegant.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:27 PM

Debra! :o

"I'm not afraid to CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Surprising but :rolleyes: :wub:

:o I'm so much more pervy these days! Its this site influence i tell you! :P

(Aye i woulda put this in the previous post, but i cant edit it anymore, sorry)

#46 Cathy

Cathy

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Beck, Wayne Coyne, art, writing, food, tacky things from the 70's and Beck

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:22 AM

ermm I have a hub question, I'm stuck at the connecting to the becktabs.homeunix.org part, I'm not exactly sure it's working..
:huh:
Posted Image

------------------------

Tom Meighan notably called Justin Timberlake a "Midget with Whiskers", "Sex on legs" and a "Puppet in a million dollar suit". Joining in the Britney Spears breakdown debate, Tom recently said that Britney looks like "a tranny who forgot the wig".

#47 Candy Darling

Candy Darling

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:31 AM

ermm I have a hub question, I'm stuck at the connecting to the becktabs.homeunix.org part, I'm not exactly sure it's working..
:huh:

Have you tried asking about this over on Becktabs? They have a specific hub-related forum, or you can send a pm to Alkaline there.

Ben went on at his shambling trot, clinging
to the fence, wailing in his hoarse, hopeless voice.
The man played and went on, Ben keeping pace
with him until the fence turned at right angles,
and he clung to the fence, watching the people
move on and away.

#48 Candy Darling

Candy Darling

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:53 PM

I noticed some blog posted a bunch of Beck downloads yesterday. If anyone doesn't have Buck Fuck Iowa yet, heres a link for it.

P.S. That's an interesting signature Cathy had (particularly for someone who was always saying she was sick of Scientology being discussed).

move on and away.

#49 dnewton

dnewton

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

I noticed some blog posted a bunch of Beck downloads yesterday. If anyone doesn't have Buck Fuck Iowa yet, heres a link for it.

P.S. That's an interesting signature Cathy had (particularly for someone who was always saying she was sick of Scientology being discussed).

i don't think we should perpetuate that name. it was made up by beck.com bbsers and isn't even a very good name.

#50 Candy Darling

Candy Darling

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

i don't think we should perpetuate that name. it was made up by beck.com bbsers and isn't even a very good name.

LOL. I figured someone would say that. But it's what the blogger posted it as! What's everyone calling it--just 1992 demo tape?

(I remember the discussion when that name was suggested. I was really surprised other people went for it!)

Edit: Okay, yes, it is 1992 Demo on Whiskeyclone. Here's the link, for those unfamiliar with it. :)

move on and away.

#51 mewzik

mewzik

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:51 PM

Thanks! I always meant to download that one sooner or later.
What's wrong with you? Never seen a space ship before?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 mellow

mellow

Deluxe Cockroach

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 10,070 posts
  • Interests:rule breaking

• Current Mood:
    spring water

• What I Am Listening To:
    hummus

• Wanted Beck Items:
    everything ever on my mp3 player

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

This is for all you newish users on Stewoo and all you people who are looking for live songs, new songs, etc. and asking people to post them for you.

There is a wonderful place called The Hub (or The BeckTabs Hub). On it you can download pretty much any Beck stuff that is in circulation and not commercially released. If everybody on this board is talking about some hot new track, chances are they got it from the hub. The hub also lets you chat and hang out with other Beck fans. Really, it's great on there.

To get on the hub, follow the directions at http://www.becktabs.com/media.php, under the section "BeckTabs Direct Connect Hub". I'll copy them here for your convenience, but they may change.

The Direct Connect protocol allows you to share files and chat with other users. By installing a simple program on your computer you can be up and running in moments. All are welcome...even if you have nothing to currently share. Once you are connected there are plenty of helpful people to answer your questions.

Step 1 - Download

Windows Download available here
Mac Download available here

Step 2 - Install

Do what you need to do.

Step 3 - Run

Run the application and connect to the following hub address: becktabs.homeunix.org

That's It

Please visit the BeckTabs Direct Connect Forum for show offerings and discussion. We are currently sharing over 150 Live Beck shows and many gigs of Beck video.

It can be confusing at first, but it's definitely worth the trouble. You won't need to wait for some kind soul to come along and share one track out of pity for you, and you won't be bothering other users who are swamped with "please post this" requests. Everbody wins.

Stewoo, could you please make this post pinned? Until that happens I suggest people keep bumping this when they notice it getting low on the first page of posts.

Dave

UPDATE.

hey all. i forgot to renew becktabs.homeunix.org and some douchebag stole it. it will no longer be the hub address. please connect to the following ip address...

link

i don't get how somebody could steal the address? i could see the address not getting renewed in time. in fact if you remember this stewoo board was down for a little while just because of that.

anyway i hope this is just a temporary thing? :(

Sweep_Under_Rug_zps240e4f1c.jpg

#53 Candy Darling

Candy Darling

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

This is for all you newish users on Stewoo and all you people who are looking for live songs, new songs, etc. and asking people to post them for you.

There is a wonderful place called The Hub (or The BeckTabs Hub). On it you can download pretty much any Beck stuff that is in circulation and not commercially released. If everybody on this board is talking about some hot new track, chances are they got it from the hub. The hub also lets you chat and hang out with other Beck fans. Really, it's great on there.

To get on the hub, follow the directions at http://www.becktabs.com/media.php, under the section "BeckTabs Direct Connect Hub". I'll copy them here for your convenience, but they may change.

The Direct Connect protocol allows you to share files and chat with other users. By installing a simple program on your computer you can be up and running in moments. All are welcome...even if you have nothing to currently share. Once you are connected there are plenty of helpful people to answer your questions.

Step 1 - Download

Windows Download available here
Mac Download available here

Step 2 - Install

Do what you need to do.

Step 3 - Run

Run the application and connect to the following hub address: becktabs.homeunix.org

That's It

Please visit the BeckTabs Direct Connect Forum for show offerings and discussion. We are currently sharing over 150 Live Beck shows and many gigs of Beck video.

It can be confusing at first, but it's definitely worth the trouble. You won't need to wait for some kind soul to come along and share one track out of pity for you, and you won't be bothering other users who are swamped with "please post this" requests. Everbody wins.

Stewoo, could you please make this post pinned? Until that happens I suggest people keep bumping this when they notice it getting low on the first page of posts.

Dave

UPDATE.

hey all. i forgot to renew becktabs.homeunix.org and some douchebag stole it. it will no longer be the hub address. please connect to the following ip address...

link

i don't get how somebody could steal the address? i could see the address not getting renewed in time. in fact if you remember this stewoo board was down for a little while just because of that.

anyway i hope this is just a temporary thing? :(

Hey Mellow. That really sucks. I think people may not notice this, though, so I'd like to make a new topic with it so everyone knows.

Sometimes people grab up what they think will be valuable domains so they can sell them to people later, but I don't see why anyone would do that in this case. It's not like Alk is a big corporation or some rich dude.

move on and away.

#54 mellow

mellow

Deluxe Cockroach

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 10,070 posts

• Current Mood:
    spring water

hummus

• Wanted Beck Items:

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

UPDATE: NEW NEW HUB ADDRESS

becktabs.homelinux.org

^ that's the address now.

(might as well post this here too)

(btw, both the 70.112.106.67 or the new new address will work)

#55 monooulin

monooulin

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Interests:THIS FORUM!

• Current Mood:
    very quiet :)

Morhing Phase

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:48 PM

UPDATE: NEW NEW HUB ADDRESS

becktabs.homelinux.org

^ that's the address now.

(might as well post this here too)

(btw, both the or the new new address will work)

Yeah, I am connected with the 70.112.106.67 address and it works. Today I did a test with the becktabs.homelinux.org and it works the same too.. But I don't know why there are so few members there! Could it be related to this? I didn't see you too since few days ago (I am not always either), but you told exactly that above. :)

#56 samora

samora

Resistance is Futile

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:yip-yip!

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

Would someone have the Fatboy Slim remix of Loser? I downloaded it a while ago and apparently it stops at the 40 sec mark. :(

P.S. I won't be able to check the Hub while I'm home for the next few months, so that's why I ask here. Double :( .

#57 dnewton

dnewton

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

Would someone have the Fatboy Slim remix of Loser? I downloaded it a while ago and apparently it stops at the 40 sec mark. :(

P.S. I won't be able to check the Hub while I'm home for the next few months, so that's why I ask here. Double :( .

it's not real. it's a fake. fatboy slim did not remix loser.

#58 samora

samora

Resistance is Futile

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:yip-yip!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:34 AM

DAMN! :angry: I looked on Last.fm and saw all those hundreds of people with it scrobbled and thought, "Well someone's listening to it." But alas, I was fooled.

#59 mellow

mellow

Deluxe Cockroach

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 10,070 posts

• Current Mood:
    spring water

hummus

• Wanted Beck Items:

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:09 PM

the hub address has changed once again. (to quote bm from the other topic here since this is a sticky topic)

Greetings,

As many of you know we are switching the hub over to a different server, which will require you to update your connection info. You may have noticed the old server is already dead. The new server is already running.

Connect:
becktabs.homelinux.org:1411

That's right you need to add the :1411 part after the address, because the hub is hosted on a different than default port. That's it for now, we'll keep you updated if there's any other info.

#60 becktor

becktor

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

I was on the HUB over the weekend, I found that there arent as much users as I though, all the content is in a weird format (.flac) and that there is mostly live concerts but no b-sides. Im specially interested in streamed songs from beck.com that were only available there, would anyone care to point me in the right direction? I cant use tha HUB on weekdays much, either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users