• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

http://www.billboard...007604352.story

we knew these titles from the copyright database, I think from last year or so. but now we know what they are!
whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 denholm123

denholm123

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

I bet these tracks are going to be pretty nuts just because of the nature of the video game. Hopefully we can get a hold of studio versions, it would suck if we had to get rips of people playing the levels. I'm excited.

#3 outcomeunpredictable

outcomeunpredictable

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

• Current Mood:
    vulgar

• What I Am Listening To:
    Odds are, something by Beck

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Everything
  • I'm gonna eat your face. Not really. But you should stay off the bath salts, they're pretty dangerous.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

I will be buying the game.
Who needs a signature anyway?
You don't know me like I know you.

#4 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Anime, noise, Video games, random japanese things, etc.
  • na na, na na na na naaa

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Fuck yeah! I was going to get this game already because it seemed like a cool idea. Now there's no doubt about it, day 1 yo!
Check out my new album by clicking here: "MAX MILLER Performs BECK HANSEN's Song Reader"

20 songs, written by Beck. Interpreted and recorded by Max.

Stream or download for free. Spread the word. And most importantly- Enjoy the music!

www.MaxMillerMakesMusic.com

my Twitter page

#5 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Anime, noise, Video games, random japanese things, etc.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

also, this reminds me of that interview with Wired from 2006.

Even though the mashup sensibility has become something of a cliché, I'd love to put out an album that you could edit and mix and layer directly in iTunes. We did a remix project on a Web site a few years back where we put up the tracks to a song and let people make their own versions. There was something really inspiring about the variety and quality of the music that people gave back. In an ideal world, I'd find a way to let people truly interact with the records I put out – not just remix the songs, but maybe play them like a videogame.

http://www.wired.com...14.09/beck.html
Check out my new album by clicking here: "MAX MILLER Performs BECK HANSEN's Song Reader"

Stream or download for free. Spread the word. And most importantly- Enjoy the music!

my Twitter page

#6 nocomplaints

nocomplaints

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Even though the mashup sensibility has become something of a cliché, I'd love to put out an album that you could edit and mix and layer directly in iTunes. We did a remix project on a Web site a few years back where we put up the tracks to a song and let people make their own versions. There was something really inspiring about the variety and quality of the music that people gave back. In an ideal world, I'd find a way to let people truly interact with the records I put out – not just remix the songs, but maybe play them like a videogame.

yeah, because he said "videogame."

#7 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

a snippet of Cities

#8 Midnite Vultures

Midnite Vultures

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

From Beck.com:
"In the following video, you get to hear and see the first track from the Beck album Cities, witness thegame played on PS3, and understand the process of turning Beck’s music not only into art but play"

Not sure if there is another explanation for that awkward sentence... Is there a new Beck album called Cities?

#9 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

It seems that each level of the game is called an "album" so that's why "Cities" is an album
whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

wow that's so cool how they just sat there listening to the songs and drew whatever came to mind. I bet it gets pretty wild in the world of Cities!

my Twitter page

#11 denholm123

denholm123

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot yankee hotel foxtrot

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

Cities sounds pretty awesome from what we get there. I'm really liking the vocal manipulation in some of the recent stuff he's produced. I really wanna hear spiral staircase though, it has to sound cool with a name like that.

#12 skabio

skabio

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

• Current Mood:
    Super Golden

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Pay No Mind Cassette
  • Give it to Me Don't Give it to Me Give it to Me Don't Give it to Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hell yea. I can't wait. Thank god this is going to be on the Vita since I'm traveling so much. Wonder if it will be a cross play game. IE able to be played on both. Either way I'm down.
Have bek will travel.

#13 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hell yea. I can't wait. Thank god this is going to be on the Vita since I'm traveling so much. Wonder if it will be a cross play game. IE able to be played on both. Either way I'm down.

I'm pretty sure it is a cross play game, since it's coming out for both Vita and PS3. Also it's got this level creator function where you can make your own songs, and then build levels around it to share online! It seems like such a cool game, and Beck being in it only makes it that much better!

my Twitter page

#14 Beckany

Beckany

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Doing the Colorado Caljam maneuvers

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

Though the clip is brief, I like Cities the best of all of his post-Modern Guilt stuff (so far). Really digging the beat and the finger harp. The concept is pretty cool too. Can't wait to see what people come up with.

#15 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

This has more to do with that Wired quote than I thought! Not only can you make your own tracks in this game, you can use samples from the Beck tracks to do it!

When players get to try their own hand at mixing sounds and shapes, they can "take these very same game objects and mix them together in their own way to create their own mixdown of the song. Or they can mix them with the sounds and objects from other artists to create their own crazy compositions," Mak says. "It opens up all sorts of possibilities and you start to think 'what if I use that bassline from Beck with that sweet pad from deadmau5 and that nice, clean acoustic drumkit from Jim Guthrie?' Playing with these combinations brings out all sorts of musical possibilities and it's just pretty darn fun."

USA TODAY article

This game really is Beck's "ideal world" for releasing music!

my Twitter page

#16 Mutated_Vulture

Mutated_Vulture

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Interests:Tumblr
  • You must love the taste of turd, you're always swallowing your own words...

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

yeah, because he said "videogame."

yeah, it obviously reminded him solely because of that one word, and not because of the actual gameplay being something that Beck expressed could be an ideal medium to engage and interact with his music. obviously :rolleyes:

That aside, rather stoked for this game. Fantastic concept and the preview looks fuckin' sweet.
Posted Image

#17 Rippetoe

Rippetoe

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hopefully we can get a hold of studio versions, it would suck if we had to get rips of people playing the levels.

Whenever someone makes an .iso rip of the game for torrents, the in-game music will most likely be an easily accessible file. Internet piracy! :first:

#18 Gueralita

Gueralita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drumming/Percussion, Photography

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

He's still using the MG "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"'s. Not that that's a bad thing, he just seems pretty obsessed with it haha.

#19 sasquatch was eating a burrito

sasquatch was eating a burrito

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,940 posts
  • Interests:beck, disc golf, dave grohl, orange juice, applesauce
  • I'm not about to blow it now. For all the cows.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Posted Image
We know we are not apes
But we could make sweet seedless grapes

#20 outcomeunpredictable

outcomeunpredictable

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

• Current Mood:
    vulgar

• What I Am Listening To:
    Odds are, something by Beck

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Everything
  • I'm gonna eat your face. Not really. But you should stay off the bath salts, they're pretty dangerous.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:LIKE:
Who needs a signature anyway?
You don't know me like I know you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users