• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

• What I Am Listening To:
    St. Vincent, Beck, Animal Collective

• Wanted Beck Items:
    His Silvertone 1448

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

He's still using the MG "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"'s. Not that that's a bad thing, he just seems pretty obsessed with it haha.

Yeah, he's used that a lot since then, huh? Most notably, for me, was in his work with Charlotte Gainsbourg in IRM. I really like it!

#22 Dr. Freak

Dr. Freak

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Interests:Beck and dialectical materialism

• Wanted Beck Items:
    His leather jacket
  • hirnlegohirnlegohirnlegohirnlegohirnlegohirnlego

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

The snip of Cities is so catchy. I want to hear the songs badly!

#23 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Anime, noise, Video games, random japanese things, etc.
  • na na, na na na na naaa

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

so soon!!!
Check out my new album by clicking here: "MAX MILLER Performs BECK HANSEN's Song Reader"

20 songs, written by Beck. Interpreted and recorded by Max.

Stream or download for free. Spread the word. And most importantly- Enjoy the music!

www.MaxMillerMakesMusic.com

my Twitter page

#24 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Anime, noise, Video games, random japanese things, etc.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

even sooner now!
Check out my new album by clicking here: "MAX MILLER Performs BECK HANSEN's Song Reader"

Stream or download for free. Spread the word. And most importantly- Enjoy the music!

my Twitter page

#25 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

here's the writeup I did on the Whiskeyclone facebook thread:

oh my fucking GOD.
It's so amazing. I really urge anyone who doesn't have a PS3 or a Vita to find someone who does so that you can experience this as a whole. I don't think there ARE complete versions of the songs. The levels and the songs are a single unit. Everything on the screen is creating music, whether it's the things that the bad guys are shooting at you, or just a platform, or just a cloud.

You touch little dot things that add more layers that loop every "bar", like a drum sequencer. Every time you get hit by something, you go back to the last check point (which, I dunno if you hear in the diskobox versions, but it's the "bleep bloop" noise that kind of sounds like the Skype sound? Those are checkpoints. That's why it can sound sloppy- because if you die before the next checkpoint, the layers you added (in most cases, drum beats) reset and you have to get them again. I really suck, haha, it took me like 15 minutes to get past Cities. Touch The People had this one really tough part as well that took ages to get past, plus I felt like I was on heroin during that level. Not that I've done heroin, but how can it be any crazier than that?

Spiral Staircase goes down as another "great last song on a Beck album", and the best part is you can just hang out in your favorite areas and let it go on indefinitely. Easily my favorite of the three on first listen at least. SO: Each screen is like a bar on a sequencer, once you get to the next screen, you get to the next bar of the song, etc. Every time you beat a level you unlock all of it's components to use in YOUR OWN LEVEL EDITOR- which you can use samples and loops but also add your own notes, and change the speed, so you just have an absolutely ridiculous amount of freedom. I am going to try to unlock the other artist samples as well before trying to make my own level but bottom line is this game is AWESOME. My head is literally spinning right now and I feel like I can still see all the weird creatures and colors moving in front of my eyes. If you do drugs, save yourself the money and just get a Vita, and Sound Shapes. If you don't do drugs, good news! you don't need to! just get a Vita, and Sound Shapes!

my Twitter page

#26 Beckany

Beckany

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Doing the Colorado Caljam maneuvers

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

I like Cities the best. Touch the People is crazy sounding!

#27 Dr. Freak

Dr. Freak

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

• Wanted Beck Items:
    His leather jacket

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Any chance to hear the songs as Beck recorded them?

#28 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,256 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

Doesn't seem to be any way to hear Beck's versions (yet?)
whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Lazer Vizaginal Rejuvenation

Lazer Vizaginal Rejuvenation

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

This game is fun and sounds fantastic through surround sound
Posted Image

#30 Dr. Freak

Dr. Freak

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

• Wanted Beck Items:
    His leather jacket

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Touch the People sounds like some electronic Midnite Vulture-esque jam. Unbelievably good!

#31 MidnightVulture

MidnightVulture

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Que?

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Posted Image

#32 MidnightVulture

MidnightVulture

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Que?

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Posted Image

#33 MidnightVulture

MidnightVulture

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Que?

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Posted Image

#34 guerolito

guerolito

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 44 posts
  • do the hotdog dance

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

THANK YOU.

#35 mellow

mellow

Deluxe Cockroach

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,056 posts
  • Interests:rule breaking

• Current Mood:
    spring water

• What I Am Listening To:
    hummus

• Wanted Beck Items:
    everything ever on my mp3 player

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

im so confused.

ok btw. you can download those links with.

keepvid.com

mp4 is the best format i guess. i can turn mp4 into mp3 later on maybe.
i dont know. or some other format. im not 100% i can turn mp4 into and audio format yet.
im just guessing i can. Total Video Converter is what ill try for that btw.

im confused/ remember back when you would buy an album.
i know. i know.
and this does look cool. really. music wise this is confusing.
things are already confusing. yea. true.
i mean we live in the year 2012 for starters.

ill stop now before i say something that makes me get hunted down and taken out.

lolololololololololololololol

please.

Clipboard01_zpsaaed6ee9.jpg

spring water and hummus

#36 kibbe

kibbe

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Curious to know what everyone else thinks of "Touch The People"?? Not really feeling it all that much, but I can get down with "Spiral Staircase" and "Cities" annnyyyyyyy day of the week.

#37 Adze

Adze

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

I more interested to know why no one has recorded just the elements yet. Apparently you can make your own levels, so if you get me the pieces from that mode (assuming they're all pieces from the main game) I'll see what I can do in recreating them. Also, they would be great samples to have (plus, think of the remixes). :D

If I had money, I'd probably get it because I like Beck and Jim Guthrie, but more in the hope of getting these songs properly recorded. :)

GZUhXY5.gif

#38 Beckany

Beckany

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Doing the Colorado Caljam maneuvers

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Curious to know what everyone else thinks of "Touch The People"?? Not really feeling it all that much, but I can get down with "Spiral Staircase" and "Cities" annnyyyyyyy day of the week.

When I first heard it I didn't like it. I thought it was way too busy. Then I listened to it incessantly (along with "Cities" and "Spiral Staircase") on a plane flight and loved it. These are the freshest Beck songs in years. I just love them.

#39 PirateFetus

PirateFetus

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Touch the People is one of his songs I probably won't listen to as much as others, but it makes for a really fun (and trippy) level when playing the game. I do start to really enjoy the song when it all comes together near the end though.

On one hand I was surprised at first because next to Cities and Spiral Staircase, it's totally out of place. But on the other hand, it works in the videogame setting, especially while actually playing it and having the level of interaction with it (having to time your jumps to the rhythms of those triangle-shooting head guys for example, or figuring out how to dodge the patterns of bugs during the "Touch the Peooople" parts, etc.)

my Twitter page

#40 thegloaming

thegloaming

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

o my goodness these songs are good! :astonished: can someone please post a link for DL of them? i tried that video ripping thing mellow posted but it's not mac friendly. I really hope beck releases a proper album soon. I feel like the next one could be super awesome stuff like these 3 songs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users