7 replies to this topic

#1 calamity

calamity

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

Apparently itunes is in the midst of streaming 30 days of free live concerts. Jack White is on now playing some White Stripes stuff so far. This link should take you there: iTunes

#2 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,693 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Thanks! I saw this too late--only caught the last song.
Posted Image

#3 calamity

calamity

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

I don't think i've watched him play live before. It was fun to see since he played stuff from each of his bands & solo stuff. But it turns out HD cameras & close shots catch a lot of face sweat. Or maybe it's just that hot in London...

#4 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,693 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

I don't think i've watched him play live before. It was fun to see since he played stuff from each of his bands & solo stuff. But it turns out HD cameras & close shots catch a lot of face sweat. Or maybe it's just that hot in London...

I think the closeups were great. I've seen the White Stripes a couple of times, but I was pretty far away from the stage. Haven't seen him by himself or with Dead Weather or the Raconteurs.

I wonder if they have the performances available for watching? I should look (since I missed all but the last song.)
Posted Image

#5 Adze

Adze

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

• Wanted Beck Items:
    I BROUGHT THE IRON HORSE!
  • This shit is scrollin'.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

You can watch it all again. There was also an e-mail sent to me that said some sets would be turned into live albums/eps. Not sure if they'll be free or if Jack's set will be included but it's worth a watch.

S87N473.gif

#6 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,693 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

You can watch it all again. There was also an e-mail sent to me that said some sets would be turned into live albums/eps. Not sure if they'll be free or if Jack's set will be included but it's worth a watch.

Thanks!
Posted Image

#7 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,250 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

I've seen Jack 3 times this year, his bands are awesome. He has two, one all women, one all men, and you don't know who you'll see until they walk out. I saw the women twice and the men once. I don't think I love his new album, but it's WAY better in person.
whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Adze

Adze

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

• Wanted Beck Items:
    I BROUGHT THE IRON HORSE!
  • This shit is scrollin'.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

I've seen Jack 3 times this year, his bands are awesome. He has two, one all women, one all men, and you don't know who you'll see until they walk out. I saw the women twice and the men once. I don't think I love his new album, but it's WAY better in person.

He explains why that is in his interview with Marc Maron on WTF. Good interview. Marc also interviewed Wayne Coyne and James Mercer (as well as many others). Definitely subscribe people. :)

S87N473.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users