Scarecrow/michael Jackson

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TimMFNReed (Guest)_*

Guest_TimMFNReed (Guest)_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:11 AM

Beck Blasts Jacko on New Album

If Michael Jackson didn't like Eminem's "Just Lose It" video, I imagine he won't be too thrilled to hear Beck's new song "Scarecrow."

The song is included on the rocker's new album, "Guero," which will be released tomorrow. The much-hyped CD turned up in some retail locations like Starbucks over the weekend.

"Scarecrow" leaps off the album because it begins with eerie sound effects like those from "Thriller," then is sung to what suspiciously recalls the bass line from Jackson's famous hit "Billie Jean" so much so that Beck could wind up providing Jackson with some cash since there is no credit for a sample in the "Guero" booklet.

But the lyrics to "Scarecrow" an obvious reference to the lanky, thin, Judy Garland- and "Wizard of Oz"-obsessed Jackson are what really hit home:

"Sometime the jail can't chain the cell/ and the rain's too plain to tell/ all alone by a barren well/ the scarecrow's only scarin' himself."

Also: "What gives you comfort now/ might be the end of you then."

Ouch!

Roger Friedman
http://www.foxnews.c...,151665,00.html

#2 Jmj/David/Me

Jmj/David/Me

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,395 posts
  • Interests:anything and everything

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:12 AM

I think Jackson has a few other things to worry about at the time being

#3 marx

marx

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:59 AM

hahahahaha

#4 JustAnotherBeckFan

JustAnotherBeckFan

Milk & Honey

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  • Interests:many including and mainly Beck

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:14 AM

Beck Blasts Jacko on New Album

If Michael Jackson didn't like Eminem's "Just Lose It" video, I imagine he won't be too thrilled to hear Beck's new song "Scarecrow."

The song is included on the rocker's new album, "Guero," which will be released tomorrow. The much-hyped CD turned up in some retail locations like Starbucks over the weekend.

"Scarecrow" leaps off the album because it begins with eerie sound effects like those from "Thriller," then is sung to what suspiciously recalls the bass line from Jackson's famous hit "Billie Jean" so much so that Beck could wind up providing Jackson with some cash since there is no credit for a sample in the "Guero" booklet.

But the lyrics to "Scarecrow" an obvious reference to the lanky, thin, Judy Garland- and "Wizard of Oz"-obsessed Jackson are what really hit home:

"Sometime the jail can't chain the cell/ and the rain's too plain to tell/ all alone by a barren well/ the scarecrow's only scarin' himself."

Also: "What gives you comfort now/ might be the end of you then."

Ouch!

Roger Friedman
http://www.foxnews.c...,151665,00.html

TImMFN remember when I said scarecrow kind of sounds like a Micheal Jackson song!! HA! HA! You agreed.

#5 raphi

raphi

erase/rewind

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:26 AM

I think Jackson has a few other things to worry about at the time being

:lol:

#6 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:33 AM

Foxnews... :rolleyes:
whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:43 AM

I still hear Like A Virgin, not Billie Jean. I wonder what his beef is with Madonna, shhhhhhheesh the nerve, gawwd

#8 TimMFNReed

TimMFNReed

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:25 PM

I still hear Like A Virgin, not Billie Jean. I wonder what his beef is with Madonna, shhhhhhheesh the nerve, gawwd

maybe its *you* that has the beef with madonna Sean Penn.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

#9 Guest_aims (Guest)_*

Guest_aims (Guest)_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:41 PM

i posted in a thread regarding the analytical interpretations of the Guero cover, that the head with the tear looks like "michael".

my manpartners name is michael: mike.

so this makes me think of michael jackson: "hey mike!" "Miiiike....Heyyyyy....sorry about that molestation thing. shitty deal mike."

Mike Jackson.

weird.

Mike and Jan Jackson

#10 Guest_Intencity (Guest)_*

Guest_Intencity (Guest)_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:23 PM

LOL, Yeah but Dzama didn't 'paint to order' (or did heeee... queue ominous muzak) Hilariously scary how everything can be interpreted to suit. Scariest is Girl. I had no idea it was about kidnapping, torture and murder. I thought Co$ didn't watch the news.

#11 connect4

connect4

Wet Bread

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:39 PM

i can definately hear some robert palmer influences

#12 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,693 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:13 PM

I thought Co$ didn't watch the news.

Well...Beck has mentioned watching CNN before...but maybe he was just trying to confuse us! :ph34r:
Posted Image

#13 Guest_ISK_*

Guest_ISK_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:28 AM

yeah Co$ definately arnt supposed to watch the news. not much of a scientologist eh?

#14 Guest_Intencity (Guest)_*

Guest_Intencity (Guest)_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:15 AM

I really don't think he is ... I can't imagine him giving up his independence - that's for the non-celebrity Co$ who "volunteer" to work off their tiers of "dumbing their heads down" and freeing their "little brains".

#15 intencity

intencity

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:36 AM

Does anyone else think MJ looks like Raggedy Andy?
JMJ: "I can dance like a crazy bitch."

#16 ISK

ISK

What is dis shet

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,186 posts
  • Interests:Poking small children in the eye.

• Wanted Beck Items:
    scrotum
  • ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:02 PM

I really don't think he is ... I can't imagine him giving up his independence - that's for the non-celebrity Co$ who "volunteer" to work off their tiers of "dumbing their heads down" and freeing their "little brains".

well his wife is 'clear' soon she'll be getting all the xenu crap. i dont think she'd let im watch TV.

maybe he watches it in seeecret
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users