86 replies to this topic

#1 dnewton

dnewton

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:55 AM

This is for all you newish users on Stewoo and all you people who are looking for live songs, new songs, etc. and asking people to post them for you.

There is a wonderful place called The Hub (or The BeckTabs Hub). On it you can download pretty much any Beck stuff that is in circulation and not commercially released. If everybody on this board is talking about some hot new track, chances are they got it from the hub. The hub also lets you chat and hang out with other Beck fans. Really, it's great on there.

To get on the hub, follow the directions at http://www.becktabs.com/media.php, under the section "BeckTabs Direct Connect Hub". I'll copy them here for your convenience, but they may change.

The Direct Connect protocol allows you to share files and chat with other users. By installing a simple program on your computer you can be up and running in moments. All are welcome...even if you have nothing to currently share. Once you are connected there are plenty of helpful people to answer your questions.

Step 1 - Download

Windows Download available here
Mac Download available here

Step 2 - Install

Do what you need to do.

Step 3 - Run

Run the application and connect to the following hub address: becktabs.homeunix.org

That's It

Please visit the BeckTabs Direct Connect Forum for show offerings and discussion. We are currently sharing over 150 Live Beck shows and many gigs of Beck video.

It can be confusing at first, but it's definitely worth the trouble. You won't need to wait for some kind soul to come along and share one track out of pity for you, and you won't be bothering other users who are swamped with "please post this" requests. Everbody wins.

Stewoo, could you please make this post pinned? Until that happens I suggest people keep bumping this when they notice it getting low on the first page of posts.

Dave

#2 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,679 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

Stewoo, could you please make this post pinned?

Good idea.
Posted Image

#3 intencity

intencity

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:46 AM

Candy that's a cool photo group! Young beck vs. current beck!
JMJ:  "I can dance like a crazy bitch."

#4 Mitsi

Mitsi

Official Stewoo Board Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

• Current Mood:
    Camembert

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

confirmative mr newt, ur beat is correct ;)

Currently Listening to: Iron and Wine

#5 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,679 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 12:21 PM

Candy that's a cool photo group! Young beck vs. current beck!

Thanks. Both the old photo and the new ones were taken by Frank W. Ockenfels III. :)
Posted Image

#6 mellow

mellow

Deluxe Cockroach

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 10,036 posts
  • Interests:rule breaking

• Current Mood:
    spring water

• What I Am Listening To:
    hummus

• Wanted Beck Items:
    everything ever on my mp3 player

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

Stewoo, could you please make this post pinned?

Good idea.

^ yea

Clipboard01_zpsaaed6ee9.jpg

spring water and hummus

#7 StraightUpJankey

StraightUpJankey

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:31 PM

Candy that's a cool photo group!  Young beck vs. current beck!

Thanks. Both the old photo and the new ones were taken by Frank W. Ockenfels III. :)

would you happen to have a larger picture of it? I have never seen it before.
Posted Image

#8 guess i'm doing fine

guess i'm doing fine

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Some of my favourite bands: Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Turin Brakes, Nick Drake, BabyShambles, Calla, Arctic Monkeys, Nerina Pallot, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Stone Roses, Charlatans, Tim & Jeff Buckley, Ryan Adams, Beth Orton, Joseph Arthur, Belle & Sebastian, Razorlight, The Animals, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, John Coltrane, Robert Johnson, Nina Simone, Doves, The Strokes, Elliott Smith, Oasis, U2, Supergrass, Blur, Manic Street Preachers, Nada Surf, The Cure, Dominique A, Antonio Vega, Mogwai, The Tyde, Johnny Cash, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Vines, Coldplay, Flaming Lips, The Jam, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Scissor Sisters, Suede, Shout Out Louds, The Automatic, The Cream, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, The Kinks, Syd Barrett, Pulp, James, Them, Radiohead, Ash, Electric Soft Parade, Keane, Muddy Waters, Deus, Wilco, The Walkmen, DJ Jeff Automatic, Sexy Sadie, She Wants Revenge, Editors, Manta Ray, La Habitación Roja, Budapest, Piano Magic, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, PF Sloan, The Dobrovniks, The Sundays, Galaxie 500, Echo & The Bunnymen, Primal Scream, Spiritualized, Green Day, Rage Against The Machine, Bright Eyes, Beach Boys, Art Brut, The Ordinary Boys, Yann Tiersen, Los Planetas, Posies, The Shins, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Kula Shaker, Elbow, Sigur Rós, Giant Sand, Radio 4, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Luna, Jason Falkner, Jamie Cullum, R.E.M., Mojave 3, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Bandits, Ocean Colour Scene, The Stranglers, Sex Museum, Inspiral Carpets, Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, The Byrds, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Los Secretos, Jeffrey Lewis...

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:33 PM

i also think it's a good idea to connect oneself to The Hub, but i can't do it yet because i'm using a computer which is not mine. although i've asked other fans to post some songs for me (--> muchas gracias), i've only been able to hear "Nausea" as those links had already disappeared.
i have another idea, maybe it's not a good one; why not to open a section in this web site in which you can listen to all the new Beck's songs that appear in Internet?

#9 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,679 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

i have another idea, maybe it's not a good one; why not to open a section in this web site in which you can listen to all the new Beck's songs that appear in Internet?

Well, Ste could put them up in the audio player, which would mean that nearly everyone (except me) could listen to them.
Posted Image

#10 guess i'm doing fine

guess i'm doing fine

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Some of my favourite bands: Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Turin Brakes, Nick Drake, BabyShambles, Calla, Arctic Monkeys, Nerina Pallot, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Stone Roses, Charlatans, Tim & Jeff Buckley, Ryan Adams, Beth Orton, Joseph Arthur, Belle & Sebastian, Razorlight, The Animals, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, John Coltrane, Robert Johnson, Nina Simone, Doves, The Strokes, Elliott Smith, Oasis, U2, Supergrass, Blur, Manic Street Preachers, Nada Surf, The Cure, Dominique A, Antonio Vega, Mogwai, The Tyde, Johnny Cash, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Vines, Coldplay, Flaming Lips, The Jam, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Scissor Sisters, Suede, Shout Out Louds, The Automatic, The Cream, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, The Kinks, Syd Barrett, Pulp, James, Them, Radiohead, Ash, Electric Soft Parade, Keane, Muddy Waters, Deus, Wilco, The Walkmen, DJ Jeff Automatic, Sexy Sadie, She Wants Revenge, Editors, Manta Ray, La Habitación Roja, Budapest, Piano Magic, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, PF Sloan, The Dobrovniks, The Sundays, Galaxie 500, Echo & The Bunnymen, Primal Scream, Spiritualized, Green Day, Rage Against The Machine, Bright Eyes, Beach Boys, Art Brut, The Ordinary Boys, Yann Tiersen, Los Planetas, Posies, The Shins, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Kula Shaker, Elbow, Sigur Rós, Giant Sand, Radio 4, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Luna, Jason Falkner, Jamie Cullum, R.E.M., Mojave 3, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Bandits, Ocean Colour Scene, The Stranglers, Sex Museum, Inspiral Carpets, Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, The Byrds, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Los Secretos, Jeffrey Lewis...

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

Well, Ste could put them up in the audio player, which would mean that nearly everyone (except me) could listen to them.

why couldn't you hear them in the Audio Player :(?
(it's only an idea...)

Currently Listening to: Razorlight's "Stumble & Fall"

#11 mewzik

mewzik

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:53 PM

I went pushing Hub-ward a few weeks ago but I couldn't figure it out and gave up. Maybe I'll try again, I'd really love to capture myself some We Dance Alone.
What's wrong with you? Never seen a space ship before?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 reckoner

reckoner

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:55 PM

i also think it's a good idea to connect oneself to The Hub, but i can't do it yet because i'm using a computer which is not mine. although i've asked other fans to post some songs for me (--> muchas gracias), i've only been able to hear "Nausea" as those links had already disappeared.

i'm with you in that i can't access the Hub on my computer. also i've asked people for some songs, but nothing unreasonable. i like your idea of another section of the forums dedicated for Beck songs downloading. it worked on another forum i go to and that is Bob Dylan's Expecting Rain boards. when i first joined, they didn't have it. but so many people were asking for stuff, they made the section Rare Dylan Recordings...although they don't allow copywritten material...at least not common stuff. it's been wonderful ever since.

#13 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,679 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

why couldn't you hear them in the Audio Player :(?
(it's only an idea...)

I don't know--there's some incompatability. I used to be able to, but he changed it in some way (upgraded?), then I couldn't use it anymore. I think it could be a Mac thing, but I'm not sure, because there are other people with Macs who can use it.

But I do think it would be a good idea for Stewoo to put the songs there. :)
Posted Image

#14 mewzik

mewzik

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:03 PM

This process is making me sleepy, router. <_< I'm working at this.
What's wrong with you? Never seen a space ship before?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 KingsleyCrossbeat

KingsleyCrossbeat

New-age Preacher

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • "you're pumping my hump organ, I mean, you're humping my pump organ..."

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:11 AM

is al the stuff on the hub downloaded via yousendit?
Posted Image

#16 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,679 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:17 AM

No. They don't have anything to do with each other. On the hub you download directly from the files of other people.
Posted Image

#17 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,679 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:32 AM

Candy that's a cool photo group!  Young beck vs. current beck!

would you happen to have a larger picture of it? I have never seen it before.

I posted these earlier in the "Free Nice Pics" topic in Beck News, but the topic was deleted! (I guess that'll teach me to post pictures in spam topics...) So here they are...due to popular demand.

Posted ImagePosted Image

These photos were taken by Frank W. Ockenfels III, who in 1994 took the photo Beck is holding.

#18 Mitsi

Mitsi

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

• Current Mood:
    Camembert

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:13 AM

GO TO HUB

#19 Mitsi

Mitsi

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

• Current Mood:
    Camembert

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:26 AM

NOW!!! :angry:

;) go on! have yourself a gratuitous hub experience, you deserve it! :)

#20 StraightUpJankey

StraightUpJankey

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:12 AM

Thank you Candy! Really appreciate it :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users