8 replies to this topic

#1 intencity

intencity

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

Someone told me Beck was at a karaoke joint near Beverly Center. :o :D Anyone else hear this? I guess this is just a random sighting...
JMJ: "I can dance like a crazy bitch."

#2 Dora Wow

Dora Wow

Beck's Personal Food Taster

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, squirrels, cats, Beck, Marshmallows, chocolate mice

• Current Mood:
    Nicotine and gravy

• What I Am Listening To:
    Hugh Masekela
  • no yes no!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:32 PM

When? :o :D And more importantly, what did he sing?

Posted ImagePosted Image

[center]Je t'aime..................................................... moi non plus

#3 stewoo

stewoo

Stewoo.net

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:21 AM

he did a random showing at a tiny lil' restaurant a few yrs ago - anything is possible!

Currently Listening to: Saving Grace
Steve
.: www.stewoo.net :.

#4 mewzik

mewzik

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:12 PM

Y'know my friends who know of my interest in Beck are always saying they heard things in the news about him or something. Then it turns out to be someone else or some other "Beck". Plus some like to tell me he has died or retired or broken his leg just so I can tell them to shut up.

One time a pal mistook James Blunt for Beck. I was like 'can we not be friends any more?' :ph34r:
What's wrong with you? Never seen a space ship before?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 KingsleyCrossbeat

KingsleyCrossbeat

New-age Preacher

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • "you're pumping my hump organ, I mean, you're humping my pump organ..."

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

Y'know my friends who know of my interest in Beck are always saying they heard things in the news about him or something. Then it turns out to be someone else or some other "Beck". Plus some like to tell me he has died or retired or broken his leg just so I can tell them to shut up.

my friends do the same thing to me, like we'll be walking along and suddenly one of them will say "OMG NATASHA LOOK ITS BECK OVER THERE!!" just to get me to freak out, and then i slap them.

One time a pal mistook James Blunt for Beck. I was like 'can we not be friends any more?'  :ph34r

:D
Posted Image

#6 mewzik

mewzik

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:30 PM

my friends do the same thing to me, like we'll be walking along and suddenly one of them will say "OMG NATASHA LOOK ITS BECK OVER THERE!!" just to get me to freak out, and then i slap them.

One time a pal mistook James Blunt for Beck. I was like 'can we not be friends any more?'  :ph34r

:D

I went to a party today and one of my friends goes "did you know Beck is having a concert downtown today" and I told him he was telling a lie. And then I laughed because I knew I had just posted about this occurance today. :D
What's wrong with you? Never seen a space ship before?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Dora Wow

Dora Wow

Beck's Personal Food Taster

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, squirrels, cats, Beck, Marshmallows, chocolate mice

• Current Mood:
    Nicotine and gravy

• What I Am Listening To:
    Hugh Masekela
  • no yes no!

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

From this weeks New Musical Express:

Beck does festival karaoke at V
Weston Park get to hear 'Creep' early
Beck included two unlikely covers in his set to night (August 20) at the Weston Park leg of V Festival.

Playing an acoustic segment of his hour long set, Beck performed a disjointed cover of 'Creep' by tonight's headliners Radiohead.

With the crowd joining in, the singer praised the audiences' vocals, telling them: "It's quite nice, have you all been rehearsing that?"

Beck then produced a version of The Flaming Lips' 'Do You Realize'.

The star also paid tribute to the bands he is sharing the bill with explaining: "It's an honour to be up here playing on this stage with Radiohead, Bloc Party and all those bands."

As with last night's (August 19) show at the Chelmsford leg of V, Beck and his band were backed by puppet replicas of themselves, who copied their every move and even used their own "puppetcam" to relay the on stage action to the crowd via the big screens.

Along with the covers, Beck's set also included his own songs, 'Where It's At', 'Black Tambourine' and 'Looser' among others.

The final day of V Festival continues now with Radiohead headlining in Stafford and Morrissey in Chelmsford.

Posted ImagePosted Image

[center]Je t'aime..................................................... moi non plus

#8 intencity

intencity

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:31 PM

Huh! So he did a little research then while he was in LA. :D
JMJ: "I can dance like a crazy bitch."

#9 nomoreghosts

nomoreghosts

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:Art.

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

From this weeks New Musical Express:

Beck does festival karaoke at V
Weston Park get to hear 'Creep' early
Beck included two unlikely covers in his set to night (August 20) at the Weston Park leg of V Festival.

Playing an acoustic segment of his hour long set, Beck performed a disjointed cover of 'Creep' by tonight's headliners Radiohead.

With the crowd joining in, the singer praised the audiences' vocals, telling them: "It's quite nice, have you all been rehearsing that?"

Beck then produced a version of The Flaming Lips' 'Do You Realize'.

The star also paid tribute to the bands he is sharing the bill with explaining: "It's an honour to be up here playing on this stage with Radiohead, Bloc Party and all those bands."

As with last night's (August 19) show at the Chelmsford leg of V, Beck and his band were backed by puppet replicas of themselves, who copied their every move and even used their own "puppetcam" to relay the on stage action to the crowd via the big screens.

Along with the covers, Beck's set also included his own songs, 'Where It's At', 'Black Tambourine' and 'Looser' among others.

The final day of V Festival continues now with Radiohead headlining in Stafford and Morrissey in Chelmsford.

all those people seeing beck and radiohead together.............ohhhhhhhhhh!
me jealous!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users