• Please log in to reply
929 replies to this topic

#1 think i'm in love

think i'm in love

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Interests:Beck, Music in General, Technology (I'm a Mac user), Television, Film, etc.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

I'm in the apple store and they just played Lost Cause.

I freaked out.

:lol:

Anyone else hear BEck played somewhere other than their headphones/speakers?
my name is michael.

Evil Michael: "I'll do whatever I want!" He says in a sly voice, and then walks over and slaps Dora in the face...she falls to the floor "Gotta keep 'em bitches in line, eh? Keep the pimp hand strong"

#2 Elfyne

Elfyne

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Movies (especially Tim Burton). Music (Beck, Danny Elfman, Radiohead). Horses. Lots of stuff.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:50 PM

I heard We Dance Alone when I walked in the Virgin to buy The Information. And I almost ran when I heard it! :lol:
Posted Image

#3 Jmj/David/Me

Jmj/David/Me

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,401 posts
  • Interests:anything and everything

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

The New Pollution at a snowboard hire store in Andorra :blink:

#4 happy crack

happy crack

lolteenager

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Food, Music, Games, Film, Nerdy Jokes

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

'Girl' at Starbucks... that's it.

#5 VyralChaos

VyralChaos

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

Umm I got one, but I'm not sure it's appropriate. :D

#6 llllllllll

llllllllll

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:14 PM

hmm how about on gilmore girls? they play beck quite a bit. for some reason i'm watching all the seasons 'cause one of my residents lent them to me. and then lane rants about how she "gets beck" etc. etc. heh. i hate this show so much i love it.

#7 NOVO

NOVO

Novo

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • Interests:I like muzik

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:41 PM

I'm in the apple store and they just played Lost Cause.

I freaked out.

:lol:

Anyone else hear BEck played somewhere other than their headphones/speakers?

yeah, i was at the apple store last saturday, and they played lost cause also.

#8 think i'm in love

think i'm in love

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Interests:Beck, Music in General, Technology (I'm a Mac user), Television, Film, etc.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:00 PM

when i left the apple store, i went to meet my mom in nordstrom, and in the BP teen girls section or whatever it's called (juniors?), they had the mixed bizness video on the big screen and i went to watch it, and the teen girls were looking at me like "wtf is he doing here?". plus, the screen was right by the fitting room, so, um... :lol:

i thought it was odd. odd and kickass. i'd never think i'd see an MV video anywhere.

two "beck hearings" (sounds like court or something) in one day. awesome.
my name is michael.

Evil Michael: "I'll do whatever I want!" He says in a sly voice, and then walks over and slaps Dora in the face...she falls to the floor "Gotta keep 'em bitches in line, eh? Keep the pimp hand strong"

#9 red

red

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:10 PM

when guero came out, i heard a few songs off of it played in starbucks. it was like, que onda guero, girl, missing, epro, and a couple more in a row. i thought that was kinda odd. i was like 'hey! its beck" then the next song came on and i was like "hey! its beck again!" then i was like "hey! its beck...again!" and so on till i left. maybe they played the whole album? i dunno. i thought it was kinda odd... :unsure:

#10 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts
  • ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen

I heard Go It Alone in a store once. I told the lady working there that this was my fav artist and she was like "I don't listen to music" :blink:

You can take the Wooer out of the Woo, but you can't take the Woo out of the Wooer.

#11 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts
  • ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen

when guero came out, i heard a few songs off of it played in starbucks. it was like, que onda guero, girl, missing, epro, and a couple more in a row. i thought that was kinda odd. i was like 'hey! its beck" then the next song came on and i was like "hey! its beck again!" then i was like "hey! its beck...again!" and so on till i left. maybe they played the whole album? i dunno. i thought it was kinda odd... :unsure:

sounds like Guero on shuffle

You can take the Wooer out of the Woo, but you can't take the Woo out of the Wooer.

#12 mewzik

mewzik

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

hmm how about on gilmore girls? they play beck quite a bit. for some reason i'm watching all the seasons 'cause one of my residents lent them to me. and then lane rants about how she "gets beck" etc. etc. heh. i hate this show so much i love it.

REALLY!? I've never watched that show, and don't have any desire to, but somehow I ended up with a bunch of obsessed friends. They know about Beck, so if I tell them Beck was on Gilmore Girls it will be so cool! :D

I heard Earthquake Weather at Old Navy. In fact, one of my first posts ever at this board was me being really excited about this (I think). :rolleyes:
What's wrong with you? Never seen a space ship before?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 dnewton

dnewton

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

my gf has the dvds i think. which eps are there beck songs in? which songs?

#14 Broken Record

Broken Record

Tropicalist Troubadour

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:18 PM

When I went to Tower Records to buy my copy of The Information they played The Information (the song)!

The funny thing is that I hadn't heard that song yet, but when I heard the drums and the bass I thought to myself "that kinda sounds like Beck's new album..."
Then Beck started singing and I was like "This IS Beck's new album!!" :D
Posted Image

#15 YellowSweat

YellowSweat

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Bump the elephant, isn't quite as elegant.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:22 PM

I keep hearing parts of High 5- the bloody DJ keeps talking over it, doing the lil commentary,

It usually happens on at my work, I go a bit mental!
*THATS BECK*
yeeeeees Sinead! *pats*

The majority of Odelay played when i was waiting for Kasabian to come on at T! Couldn't help dancing + singin' at the barrier! Was glad they took their time to come on stage!

#16 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

hmm how about on gilmore girls?  they play beck quite a bit.  for some reason i'm watching all the seasons 'cause one of my residents lent them to me. and then lane rants about how she "gets beck" etc. etc. heh. i hate this show so much i love it.

REALLY!? I've never watched that show, and don't have any desire to, but somehow I ended up with a bunch of obsessed friends. They know about Beck, so if I tell them Beck was on Gilmore Girls it will be so cool! :D

Oh yeah my friend said she heard where it's at on one episode

#17 llllllllll

llllllllll

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

hmmm i know they play 'where its at' in (searches the internet) "the breakup part 2" (season 1 ep 17) (its in the background at this party)

rory's friend lane says this to some guy: "...and the amazing thing is, all these girls are screaming and none of them are getting the joke. He's playing the character of a rock star. I mean Beck is a genius and all these stupid girls are screaming at him just because they're buying into the rock star image. I love Beck. I understand Beck" in season 1 epsiode 12

annd they played mixed bizness in episode 9 (season 1)

i guess it was all in episode one. they through crazy amounts of obscure pop culture references in gilmore girls. its neat.

#18 llllllllll

llllllllll

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

thennn there's always that oc beckisode...but this seems to be more a 'beck in stores' thread and less like a 'beck in the media' thread...sorry. but i was watching gilmore girls at the time... :P

#19 mewzik

mewzik

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:59 PM

I think this is interesting anyway, so go ahead and post w/e you know.

You obviously don't understand Beck if you suggest that you understand him, even though I've done that. Wow so elitist but really what kinda statement is that??

Oh yeah a Gilmore Girls statement. B)
What's wrong with you? Never seen a space ship before?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 VyralChaos

VyralChaos

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

When I turned 18 my friends took me to an adult book store as a joke and it was pretty fun. While pointing and giggling with my friends I unexpectedly meandered into the sex-toy section and I was immediatly taken aback by the sheer size of the section. As I stood there halted Where It's At started playing over the store PA the whole thing was so weird I just backed up slowly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users