• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 sinister funkhouse

sinister funkhouse

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:sex, drugs, rock and roll. mainly having sex on drugs with loud rock and roll.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:45 PM

first time poster, but a LONG time lurker. and after seeing beck live again, my obsession has taken over. but i'll cut to the point. i'm looking for the new round video. after reading a bit about it, i heard that ryan's lip synching was off and i'd like to see this. can anyone help me out?

and again. my sincerest apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Currently Listening to: beck - girl (octet remix)
my mother speaking about clap hands:

what does that even mean? the pants? what is he saying? whoa, the boy with the glasses is going to have an aneurysm!

#2 Dora Wow

Dora Wow

Beck's Personal Food Taster

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, squirrels, cats, Beck, Marshmallows, chocolate mice

• Current Mood:
    Nicotine and gravy

• What I Am Listening To:
    Hugh Masekela
  • no yes no!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:50 PM

Have you tried Youtube?

Posted ImagePosted Image

[center]Je t'aime..................................................... moi non plus

#3 dnewton

dnewton

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

yeah i can help you. go buy the album. it comes with a dvd with videos for all the songs.

#4 sinister funkhouse

sinister funkhouse

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:sex, drugs, rock and roll. mainly having sex on drugs with loud rock and roll.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

tried youtube. nada. reason why i haven't bought the album yet:

hermitron. not a good excuse, but my reason nonetheless. i was actually going to buy it yesterday on my way to deerhoof, but i never ended up going to the show therefore didn't leave the house. i'm totally going to send my best friend out to buy it tonight, though. i'm disappointed in myself for not getting it the day it came out!

what does that even mean? the pants? what is he saying? whoa, the boy with the glasses is going to have an aneurysm!

#5 Candy Darling

Candy Darling

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

Hermitron? Do you mean you're a hermit? You should try Amazon!

Ben went on at his shambling trot, clinging
to the fence, wailing in his hoarse, hopeless voice.
The man played and went on, Ben keeping pace
with him until the fence turned at right angles,
and he clung to the fence, watching the people
move on and away.

#6 sinister funkhouse

sinister funkhouse

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:40 PM

definite hermit. i leave the house once to twice a month max. in all seriousness. but the information is on it's way! my best friend felicity is seriously awesome. she's dropping it off after work.

#7 Candy Darling

Candy Darling

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

definite hermit. i leave the house once to twice a month max.

Wow. That is pretty severe. I have a hard time going out when I don't absolutely have to, and I thought that was bad! (Of course, I knew there were people who have it worse.) It's good you have a friend to help you out. :)

move on and away.

#8 Dora Wow

Dora Wow

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,831 posts

• Current Mood:
    Nicotine and gravy

Hugh Masekela
  • no yes no!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

definite hermit. i leave the house once to twice a month max. in all seriousness. but the information is on it's way! my best friend felicity is seriously awesome. she's dropping it off after work.

Seriously? :o Would you say you are agraphobic? :(

Posted ImagePosted Image

[center]Je t'aime..................................................... moi non plus

#9 sinister funkhouse

sinister funkhouse

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:30 PM

extremely. and yeah, my best friend treats me well. i'm really lucky!

to be a hundred percent frank, drugs play a majour part in me being social and comfortable when i DO go out. the first hour of being outside is always the worst, but things always get better. so maybe not TOO agoraphobic, but i'd think there's definitely some agoraphobia in me.

last time i left the house: beck show! haha.

#10 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts
  • ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:35 PM

to be a hundred percent frank, drugs play a majour part in me being social and comfortable when i DO go out. the first hour of being outside is always the worst, but things always get better. so maybe not TOO agoraphobic, but i'd think there's definitely some agoraphobia in me.

DO YOU WANT A THREAD?

You can take the Wooer out of the Woo, but you can't take the Woo out of the Wooer.

#11 Mitsi

Mitsi

Official Stewoo Board Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

• Current Mood:
    Camembert

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:42 PM

DO YOU WANT A THREAD?

lol Little One :lol:

I go through periods of Hermit behaviour.
One time I spent 3 MONTHS without leaving the house and garden. B)

#12 guess i'm doing fine

guess i'm doing fine

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Some of my favourite bands: Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Turin Brakes, Nick Drake, BabyShambles, Calla, Arctic Monkeys, Nerina Pallot, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Stone Roses, Charlatans, Tim & Jeff Buckley, Ryan Adams, Beth Orton, Joseph Arthur, Belle & Sebastian, Razorlight, The Animals, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, John Coltrane, Robert Johnson, Nina Simone, Doves, The Strokes, Elliott Smith, Oasis, U2, Supergrass, Blur, Manic Street Preachers, Nada Surf, The Cure, Dominique A, Antonio Vega, Mogwai, The Tyde, Johnny Cash, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Vines, Coldplay, Flaming Lips, The Jam, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Scissor Sisters, Suede, Shout Out Louds, The Automatic, The Cream, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, The Kinks, Syd Barrett, Pulp, James, Them, Radiohead, Ash, Electric Soft Parade, Keane, Muddy Waters, Deus, Wilco, The Walkmen, DJ Jeff Automatic, Sexy Sadie, She Wants Revenge, Editors, Manta Ray, La Habitación Roja, Budapest, Piano Magic, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, PF Sloan, The Dobrovniks, The Sundays, Galaxie 500, Echo & The Bunnymen, Primal Scream, Spiritualized, Green Day, Rage Against The Machine, Bright Eyes, Beach Boys, Art Brut, The Ordinary Boys, Yann Tiersen, Los Planetas, Posies, The Shins, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Kula Shaker, Elbow, Sigur Rós, Giant Sand, Radio 4, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Luna, Jason Falkner, Jamie Cullum, R.E.M., Mojave 3, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Bandits, Ocean Colour Scene, The Stranglers, Sex Museum, Inspiral Carpets, Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, The Byrds, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Los Secretos, Jeffrey Lewis...

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:40 PM

DO YOU WANT A THREAD?

lol Little One :lol:

I go through periods of Hermit behaviour.
One time I spent 3 MONTHS without leaving the house and garden. B)

(the maximum i've stayed at home without leaving it has been three or four days when i was studying for exams at the university).

--->sinister funkhouse, if you're afraid of leaving your house, try to make a plan of what you're going to do that day & go out with your friend. i'd choose a good place to go out, like a record shop, a book shop, a place to eat a hamburger, open spaces where you can see the sun & the clouds. i'd take a camera & i'd make pictures of beautiful places you like that day. then you'll find a motive to go out, to make pictures of beautiful places for instance. i hope my advice is useful.

#13 Dora Wow

Dora Wow

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,831 posts

• Current Mood:
    Nicotine and gravy

Hugh Masekela
  • no yes no!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

Do you mean like anti depressants or valium, or illegal drugs? Do you need to take them a few hours or days before you can go out? :huh:

I guess the internet is a godsend for people with this problem.

Keep making forays outside with your friend. It will get easier with time. :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 chainstore

chainstore

even I'm selling a lifestyle!

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:46 PM

hey! I recognize your sig from lj! you talked to me about 'the pants'!

#15 sinister funkhouse

sinister funkhouse

Mouldy Crouton

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:47 PM

well, it's not a crisis! and the information was handed to me today and the videos are fantastic.

legal AND illegal drugs for whoever asked.

and yeah, the pants! i was just laughing about that not even ten minutes ago. it doesn't sound that funny, but it was. it really was.

#16 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts
  • ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:25 PM

well, it's not a crisis! and the information was handed to me today and the videos are fantastic.

legal AND illegal drugs for whoever asked.

and yeah, the pants! i was just laughing about that not even ten minutes ago. it doesn't sound that funny, but it was. it really was.

I love your signature :D

Ryan is amazazing

You can take the Wooer out of the Woo, but you can't take the Woo out of the Wooer.

#17 Candy Darling

Candy Darling

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:32 PM

the first hour of being outside is always the worst, but things always get better.

Oh, that's good. I mean, it's like a hump you can get over. For me it's the opposite--I'm okay at first but get worse the longer I'm out. If I'm with someone else it's not so bad, but if I'm by myself it can be awful. In fact, that had alot to do with me not going to the recent Paste party, even though I knew there was a chance Beck would be playing there (which he did).

I'm glad you've got the CD and videos now.

move on and away.

#18 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:40 PM

the first hour of being outside is always the worst, but things always get better.

Oh, that's good. I mean, it's like a hump you can get over. For me it's the opposite--I'm okay at first but get worse the longer I'm out. If I'm with someone else it's not so bad, but if I'm by myself it can be awful. In fact, that had alot to do with me not going to the recent Paste party, even though I knew there was a chance Beck would be playing there (which he did).

Candy, can you describe the kind of panic you feel? What are you afraid of? This topic interests me. I used to have panic attacks all the time.

#19 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Candy, can you describe the kind of panic you feel? What are you afraid of? This topic interests me. I used to have panic attacks all the time.

It interests me too.

I mean, I am the one who wants to be the psychologist :)

#20 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:44 PM

It interests me too.

I mean, I am the one who wants to be the psychologist :)

Are you a good listener? I don't b*tch to you that often, so I wouldn't know. :P

(BTW, nice signature B) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users