Photo

Ze What Are U Musically Thinking Right Now Thread?

• Please log in to reply
1418 replies to this topic

#1 john smith

john smith

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts
  • Interests:Un-Banned by request..

• Current Mood:
    Defeated

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:10 PM

i thought we needed a thread like the other one in here...

what blows your mind now?

what did you just figure out?

wanna talk about what inspires you?

i'll start: thanks to Danger Mouse ( and Info, i think ), i just turned out to be a The La's fan. they're just amazing. Lee Mavers is fantastic. and those melodies, folks!
Posted Image

#2 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:16 PM

i'll start: thanks to Danger Mouse ( and Info, i think ), i just turned out to be a The La's fan. they're just amazing. Lee Mavers is fantastic. and those melodies, folks!

Yes, you're welcome. Aren't they just fantastic? ^_^ Classic britpop.

#3 john smith

john smith

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,112 posts

• Current Mood:
    Defeated

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:19 PM

and sooooo 90's !!! but not the cheesy 90's thing. like Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains and all...

no, The La's are winkle-proof.
Posted Image

#4 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

and sooooo 90's !!! but not the cheesy 90's thing. like Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains and all...

They're one of those "it's a tragedy that they never made more than one album" kind of bands. But they're still playing gigs from time to time, last I heard.

#5 john smith

john smith

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,112 posts

• Current Mood:
    Defeated

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

They're one of those "it's a tragedy that they never made more than one album" kind of bands. But they're still playing gigs from time to time, last I heard.

i never knew they're still playing! :o but i'm not sure it's sad they haven't made a second one. at least we got to avoid the almost unavoidable deception of the second album.
Posted Image

#6 Cat Empire

Cat Empire

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:Video games, writing, stuff

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

I am extremely addicted to "Downtown Mayors Goodnight, Alley Kids Rule!" by You Say Party! We Say Die!. I don't know what it is about it...it's just awesome.

Also, I found out Girlfriend is in the top ten listened songs for Last.FM last week. I can't stand that song.

#7 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

i never knew they're still playing! :o but i'm not sure it's sad they haven't made a second one. at least we got to avoid the almost unavoidable deception of the second album.

They played Glastonbury and a few other festivals in 2005.

You may have a point there though...there have been so many great debuts and so few great sophomore albums.

#8 john smith

john smith

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,112 posts

• Current Mood:
    Defeated

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:31 PM

by You Say Party! We Say Die!.

i don't like them, i don't really know them but i saw 'em playing at Conan O'Brien's and they sucked and they had emo haircuts and they had no personality ( sorry i'm repeating myself since i allready said they had emo haircuts, therefor no personality )...

aren't they just another band?

( i'm not being obnoxious )
Posted Image

#9 john smith

john smith

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,112 posts

• Current Mood:
    Defeated

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

They played Glastonbury and a few other festivals in 2005.

You may have a point there though...there have been so many great debuts and so few great sophomore albums.

*CoughArcadeFireCough*
Posted Image

#10 Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse

Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Location:Nottingham (at Uni), Birkenhead, near liverpool (at home) UK.
  • Interests:Music, Football (Everton!)
  • We still believe in love so fuck you

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

I've heard that Lee Mavers doesn't want to make a second album untill they've re-made the first one. He's a little bit mad, the band had actualy split up before the album was released, because they went on a celebratory holiday (to celebrate the albums completion) and Lee left early, by the time the rest of the band got back he'd remixed the entire album... So i've heard anyway.

Great band though, all the greats are a little crazy.

Annnyways... I've been proper into The Boo Radleys lately, anyone who's into pop songs with shoegazer noise layered all over should give them a listen.
"I'm gonna share with you a vision that I had, cause I love you. And you feel it. You know all that money we spend on nuclear weapons and defense each year, trillions of dollars, correct? Instead -- just play with this -- if we spent that money feeding and clothing the poor of the world -- and it would pay for it many times over, not one human being excluded -- we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever in peace."

--Bill Hicks.

#11 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

What's blown my mind lately and I can't stop listening to it is the Grinderman album... it's everything rock should be, loud and explosive and pure craziness... and I love the lyrics, but it is Nick Cave so that's not a surprise... "Love Bomb" will undoubtedly be my song of the year...

(Boo Radleys rock)
whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Cat Empire

Cat Empire

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:Video games, writing, stuff

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

*CoughArcadeFireCough*

=(

Neon Bible may not have been as good as Funeral, but was that really possible? It's still an amazing album.

i don't like them, i don't really know them but i saw 'em playing at Conan O'Brien's and they sucked and they had emo haircuts and they had no personality ( sorry i'm repeating myself since i allready said they had emo haircuts, therefor no personality )...

Some bands just arn't good on live performances. I've learned that quite well.

I love them, but maybe they are crappy compared to everyone else. It all depends if you like the style of music they place. They are more...dance-punk is it? I've quite liked that genre just because it's something different and it's really fun to listen to. They always make me want to dance. I do enjoy their second album more though ((just came out last month) since the lead singer isn't so...annoying in her singing. At least...a little less. I still like it though.

#13 Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse

Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Location:Nottingham (at Uni), Birkenhead, near liverpool (at home) UK.
  • Interests:Music, Football (Everton!)
  • We still believe in love so fuck you

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

What's blown my mind lately and I can't stop listening to it is the Grinderman album... it's everything rock should be, loud and explosive and pure craziness... and I love the lyrics, but it is Nick Cave so that's not a surprise... "Love Bomb" will undoubtedly be my song of the year...

I've been debating whether to get this album or not, I know it's Nick Cave but i'm just not sure yet...
"I'm gonna share with you a vision that I had, cause I love you. And you feel it. You know all that money we spend on nuclear weapons and defense each year, trillions of dollars, correct? Instead -- just play with this -- if we spent that money feeding and clothing the poor of the world -- and it would pay for it many times over, not one human being excluded -- we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever in peace."

--Bill Hicks.

#14 john smith

john smith

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,112 posts

• Current Mood:
    Defeated

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:59 PM

*CoughArcadeFireCough*

=(

Neon Bible may not have been as good as Funeral, but was that really possible? It's still an amazing album.

Some bands just arn't good on live performances. I've learned that quite well.

I love them, but maybe they are crappy compared to everyone else. It all depends if you like the style of music they place. They are more...dance-punk is it? I've quite liked that genre just because it's something different and it's really fun to listen to. They always make me want to dance. I do enjoy their second album more though ((just came out last month) since the lead singer isn't so...annoying in her singing. At least...a little less. I still like it though.

i can't really talk about You Say P...We..., i don't know them, all i can say is they didn't make want to hear more.

About Neon Bible: i think it's bad ( just an opinion ), of course it was predictable after Funeral, but i think it's really a pretentious album. so pompous!
Posted Image

#15 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

I really, really like this album.

#16 john smith

john smith

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,112 posts

• Current Mood:
    Defeated

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image

I really, really like this album.

downloaded it a few weeks ago but haven't gave it a listen yet.

i thought you loathe electronic music, Info...
Posted Image

#17 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

You should, and soon. :)

What makes you think that? Because I dislike the last two Radiohead records? :P Even if I did, I wouldn't consider this record all that electronic...there are lots of guitars...parts of it remind me of Prince. Good stuff.

#18 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

Operator of Bat-Posting Computer

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 20,009 posts
  • The thing is, we've taken away all the things that can't possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen in fact!

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

I wish Jellyfish could release new stuff.Or at least that I could find the two albums they did make.

Mindless Self Indulgence is great music for anytime I find now.I thought listening to them when I was feeling bad earlier wouldn't work out but I feel better. I'm going to have so much fun when I've got nothing good to do.So many lyrics to attempt to figure out :lol:

There really hasn't been alot of stuff released recently that I find worth listening to.I need suggestions (and money)...I'll probably get LCD Soundsystem because it's just really good music even from the little I've heard.

tumblr_inline_mh8m4zBiqY1qz4rgp.gifBsAo4BWIgAEVCXW.png

"MMMMN PRIINCESS BUBBLEGUM,

WE ARE STARVING, IMMEDIATELY SEND US ALL OF YOUR CANDY. HOW DARE YOU.

OURS,

BsAuBdcIcAEsxPy.png"

#19 john smith

john smith

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 6,112 posts

• Current Mood:
    Defeated

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

What makes you think that? Because I dislike the last two Radiohead records? :P

no, that's because you're an idiot :P :lol: . next one will be the worst one anyway.

Even if I did, I wouldn't consider this record all that electronic...there are lots of guitars...parts of it remind me of Prince. Good stuff.

yeah, i consider them as electro-punks ( :rolleyes: , i know ). works great when you dee-jay at a party.
Posted Image

#20 Info

Info

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

What makes you think that? Because I dislike the last two Radiohead records? :P

no, that's because you're an idiot :P :lol: . next one will be the worst one anyway.

Even if I did, I wouldn't consider this record all that electronic...there are lots of guitars...parts of it remind me of Prince. Good stuff.

yeah, i consider them as electro-punks ( :rolleyes: , i know ). works great when you dee-jay at a party.

LP7 will be terrible? Nah. I think it'll be the best since Kid A. There are actual songs this time out and less wankery. It HAS to be better.

"Electro-punk"? Hah. I prefer "electro-funk".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users