Photo

Ze What Are U Musically Thinking Right Now Thread?

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#1241 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

Operator of Bat-Posting Computer

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,014 posts
  • The thing is, we've taken away all the things that can't possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen in fact!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Rufus Wainwright is so great live. His singing looks effortless but his voice is so powerful. Just guh. And his backing singers and Teddy Thompson have fantastic voices too. Jeez.

tumblr_inline_mh8m4zBiqY1qz4rgp.gifBsAo4BWIgAEVCXW.png

"MMMMN PRIINCESS BUBBLEGUM,

WE ARE STARVING, IMMEDIATELY SEND US ALL OF YOUR CANDY. HOW DARE YOU.

OURS,

BsAuBdcIcAEsxPy.png"

#1242 Peaches&Cream

Peaches&Cream

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

• Current Mood:
    Uptight, super-gutted, out of the frame

• What I Am Listening To:
    The Information

• Wanted Beck Items:
    An autographed Beck, as in Beck should sign himself and show up at my door.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

I am currently in the process of finding out if there's such a thing as enough Black Keys. I wonder if the neighbors hate me yet.
Posted Image

#1243 konechwa

konechwa

New-age Preacher

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts
  • >===== Must not sleep, Must warn others =====<

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

I am thinking that this news both cracks me up, and makes me sad.
Posted ImagePosted Image

YOU ARE NOW BREATHING MANUALLY

www.layzelltech.com

#1244 Dr. Freak

Dr. Freak

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Beck and dialectical materialism

• Wanted Beck Items:
    His leather jacket
  • hirnlegohirnlegohirnlegohirnlegohirnlegohirnlego

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

I am thinking that this news both cracks me up, and makes me sad.

Hmm. I could have told them the same without that scientific wizardry.

#1245 tangerine

tangerine

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

I am SO GLAD I like Valtari. it has seriously made my summer. I like it as much as Takk and Agaetis Byrjun. thank you thank you Sigur Ros for remaining ethereal. it is a listen through album (I like the instrumentals.) you make us wait for the good notes just like on () (Untitled 7 and Untitled 8, shiver) but things are more sparkly and happy...but not overly so.

that was not meant to be coherent, I guess. I was worried about Valtari and instead it is awesome. it took less time to get used to than other Sigur Ros (I really had to *ease* into () and AB).

:headbang: :Punk:
Posted Image

#1246 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 20,014 posts
  • The thing is, we've taken away all the things that can't possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen in fact!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

I am SO GLAD I like Valtari. it has seriously made my summer. I like it as much as Takk and Agaetis Byrjun. thank you thank you Sigur Ros for remaining ethereal. it is a listen through album (I like the instrumentals.) you make us wait for the good notes just like on () (Untitled 7 and Untitled 8, shiver) but things are more sparkly and happy...but not overly so.

that was not meant to be coherent, I guess. I was worried about Valtari and instead it is awesome. it took less time to get used to than other Sigur Ros (I really had to *ease* into () and AB).

I am a stupid. I'm seeing them in like 5 days and I still haven't listened to Valtari. I've only heard 2 tracks that had videos.

OURS,

BsAuBdcIcAEsxPy.png"

#1247 tangerine

tangerine

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

I am a stupid. I'm seeing them in like 5 days and I still haven't listened to Valtari. I've only heard 2 tracks that had videos.

ahhh, I'm sure that's going to be an awesome show. I had the chance to see their live film Inni at a theater, and it was tremendous and compelling all the way through. it changed the way I hear some of the tracks that I'm really familiar with (off the top of my head, I gained a big appreciation for Untitled 8.) anyway I would really like to see them live someday.

btw, there's some more tracks up with videos now, on their website, since they have new ones coming out from time to time. I think some of the tracks have multiple videos. I have no idea what they've been playing at their gigs so far, but I could see any of Eg Anda, Ekki Mukk or Rembihnutur working out pretty well live.
Posted Image

#1248 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 20,014 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

ahhh, I'm sure that's going to be an awesome show. I had the chance to see their live film Inni at a theater, and it was tremendous and compelling all the way through. it changed the way I hear some of the tracks that I'm really familiar with (off the top of my head, I gained a big appreciation for Untitled 8.) anyway I would really like to see them live someday.

btw, there's some more tracks up with videos now, on their website, since they have new ones coming out from time to time. I think some of the tracks have multiple videos. I have no idea what they've been playing at their gigs so far, but I could see any of Eg Anda, Ekki Mukk or Rembihnutur working out pretty well live.

I really wanted to see Inni but I forgot to ask someone to go with me and kept missing all the screenings here. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

OURS,

BsAuBdcIcAEsxPy.png"

#1249 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 20,014 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

That was fucking amazing.

OURS,

BsAuBdcIcAEsxPy.png"

#1250 tangerine

tangerine

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

I missed this, I hope you referring to the concert!
There is a thread on askreddit right now about some formerly deaf guy listening to music, he said he likes Sigur Ros. Somehow reading that and other people's appreciation of the music (live and albums) made me start crying. Oh dear. ...that is probably more a statement about me than anything. it's good crying. but still...
Posted Image

#1251 Mutated_Vulture

Mutated_Vulture

Goddam Genius

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts
  • Interests:Tumblr
  • You must love the taste of turd, you're always swallowing your own words...

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

Musically, I am torn between thinking appreciative to finally hear new unreleased vocal material from Aaliyah on that 'duet' with Drake, or massively creeped out and slightly disgusted about Drake's obsession with her. But it's a cool track (without the rap and 'yo wassup's and the over tampering of her voice) nevertheless and I am just happy to hear something
Posted Image

#1252 outcomeunpredictable

outcomeunpredictable

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

• Current Mood:
    vulgar

Odds are, something by Beck

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Everything
  • I'm gonna eat your face. Not really. But you should stay off the bath salts, they're pretty dangerous.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Locomotive Breath.
Who needs a signature anyway?
You don't know me like I know you.

#1253 seacaptain

seacaptain

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts
  • Ittakesabackwashmantosingabackwashsonglikeafryingpanwhenthefire'sgonedrivingmypigwhilethebandistakingpicturesinthegrassandilikepianosintheeveningsundraggingmyheelstilmydayisdonesaturdaynightinthecaptainsclothestenderhornsblowingwhenmyjewelryfrozeYOSOYUNDISCOQUEBRADOYOTENGOCHICLEENMICEREBRO

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

totally didn't expect Jethro Tull up in here
whiskeyclone.net / almostaghost

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1254 outcomeunpredictable

outcomeunpredictable

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

• Current Mood:
    vulgar

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Everything
  • I'm gonna eat your face. Not really. But you should stay off the bath salts, they're pretty dangerous.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Everything I have ever gotten into has led up to my discovery of Beck.
There's been a long line of linked musicians/bands that started when I was about 7.

#1255 Lazer Vizaginal Rejuvenation

Lazer Vizaginal Rejuvenation

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Rufus Wainwright is so great live. His singing looks effortless but his voice is so powerful. Just guh. And his backing singers and Teddy Thompson have fantastic voices too. Jeez.

I saw Rufus a few weeks ago in Louisville. Such a great show. Adam Cohen, Leonard's son, opened for Rufus and joined him during the encore for 'Chelsea Hotel No. 2'

I met both of them afterwards. Both were genuinely sweet and gracious.
Posted Image

#1256 Adze

Adze

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

• Wanted Beck Items:
    I BROUGHT THE IRON HORSE!
  • This shit is scrollin'.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Everything I have ever gotten into has led up to my discovery of Beck.
There's been a long line of linked musicians/bands that started when I was about 7.

Jethro Tull was listed at a local store as Tull, Jethro... I wanted to slap someone.

S87N473.gif

#1257 mellow

mellow

Deluxe Cockroach

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 10,055 posts
  • Interests:rule breaking

• Current Mood:
    spring water

hummus

• Wanted Beck Items:
    everything ever on my mp3 player

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

i love my mp3player. and walking.

its a sansa and its wonderful.

i love leonard cohen's first album. thank you beck once again.

even tho it wasnt the best record club imo. it did point me towards the album i like the best.

:ThumbsUp:

:ThumbUp:

really i dig it a bunch. some songs more than others. its very nice. very. very.

record club version i like. well ok there was a couple songs i didnt but a couple i did more than the orignal and some ties as well.

like master song. 2 versions are so diffenrent for one around. cohen version i like best sure.
hey thats no way to say goodbye. i like beck's version best. man it is lovely.
first song well you know. last song hum i say a tie myself.

the middle it varies. on sisters of mercy for example the record club version is a bit more stripped cause cohen uses some chimes and stuff. not a big deal but doesnt really help either. < see he did go a little overboard on his quiet album. not overboard like rc master song. sure. but some sfx were used ha a little. really that rc version is pretty alright once you get past the first 2 songs well esp the first one. and teachers just like master song way different versions. again like cohen's better but you cant play this just like he did or its pointless. so

Clipboard01_zpsaaed6ee9.jpg

spring water and hummus

#1258 outcomeunpredictable

outcomeunpredictable

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

• Current Mood:
    vulgar

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Everything

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

i love my mp3player. and walking.

its a sansa and its wonderful.

i love leonard cohen's first album. thank you beck once again.

even tho it wasnt the best record club imo. it did point me towards the album i like the best.

:ThumbsUp:

:ThumbUp:

really i dig it a bunch. some songs more than others. its very nice. very. very.

record club version i like. well ok there was a couple songs i didnt but a couple i did more than the orignal and some ties as well.

like master song. 2 versions are so diffenrent for one around. cohen version i like best sure.
hey thats no way to say goodbye. i like beck's version best. man it is lovely.
first song well you know. last song hum i say a tie myself.

the middle it varies. on sisters of mercy for example the record club version is a bit more stripped cause cohen uses some chimes and stuff. not a big deal but doesnt really help either. < see he did go a little overboard on his quiet album. not overboard like rc master song. sure. but some sfx were used ha a little. really that rc version is pretty alright once you get past the first 2 songs well esp the first one. and teachers just like master song way different versions. again like cohen's better but you cant play this just like he did or its pointless. so

I REALLY liked RC Master Song for some reason, and Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye and Little Hands both were awesome

#1259 mellow

mellow

Deluxe Cockroach

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 10,055 posts
  • Interests:rule breaking

• Current Mood:
    spring water

hummus

• Wanted Beck Items:
    everything ever on my mp3 player

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

^ yea. little hands was on the oar one. i like it too.

that leonard album tho. ok it is very quiet but ive been walking and listening. im liking it alot his master song esp. and it is way different.

serious try it out. its gonna take a gettin used to. it is a very quite and plain sounding album. very few sfx. very few. there are some. but yea.

i made a topic bout this in beck section too. about record club in general

Clipboard01_zpsaaed6ee9.jpg

spring water and hummus

#1260 outcomeunpredictable

outcomeunpredictable

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

• Current Mood:
    vulgar

• Wanted Beck Items:
    Everything

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

^ yea. little hands was on the oar one. i like it too.

that leonard album tho. ok it is very quiet but ive been walking and listening. im liking it alot his master song esp. and it is way different.

serious try it out. its gonna take a gettin used to. it is a very quite and plain sounding album. very few sfx. very few. there are some. but yea.

i made a topic bout this in beck section too. about record club in general

For some reason, the Oar and Cohen albums kinda blend together for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users