Photo

I just found out my brother has a disease.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts
  • ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

And I'm really upset. Its some sort of muscle disease. If it gets worse...he could end up in a wheel chair.

I just...I'm in shock. I don't know what to say.

You can take the Wooer out of the Woo, but you can't take the Woo out of the Wooer.

#2 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

Operator of Bat-Posting Computer

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,558 posts
  • The thing is, we've taken away all the things that can't possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen in fact!

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

:(
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex, wonderfully unfathomable, natural world? How does it so fail to hold our attention that we have to diminish it with
the invention of cheap man-made myths and monsters?"

#3 Peaches&Cream

Peaches&Cream

Big Stompin' Mama

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

• Current Mood:
    Uptight, super-gutted, out of the frame

• What I Am Listening To:
    The Information

• Wanted Beck Items:
    An autographed Beck, as in Beck should sign himself and show up at my door.

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

I'm sorry. I hope something good will come out of this. It must be very hard to deal with, so I send you a hug.
Posted Image

#4 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts
  • ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen ellen

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia....cular_dystrophy

..he could die...much sooner than needed...

You can take the Wooer out of the Woo, but you can't take the Woo out of the Wooer.

#5 guess i'm doing fine

guess i'm doing fine

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Some of my favourite bands: Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Turin Brakes, Nick Drake, BabyShambles, Calla, Arctic Monkeys, Nerina Pallot, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Stone Roses, Charlatans, Tim & Jeff Buckley, Ryan Adams, Beth Orton, Joseph Arthur, Belle & Sebastian, Razorlight, The Animals, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, John Coltrane, Robert Johnson, Nina Simone, Doves, The Strokes, Elliott Smith, Oasis, U2, Supergrass, Blur, Manic Street Preachers, Nada Surf, The Cure, Dominique A, Antonio Vega, Mogwai, The Tyde, Johnny Cash, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Vines, Coldplay, Flaming Lips, The Jam, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Scissor Sisters, Suede, Shout Out Louds, The Automatic, The Cream, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, The Kinks, Syd Barrett, Pulp, James, Them, Radiohead, Ash, Electric Soft Parade, Keane, Muddy Waters, Deus, Wilco, The Walkmen, DJ Jeff Automatic, Sexy Sadie, She Wants Revenge, Editors, Manta Ray, La Habitación Roja, Budapest, Piano Magic, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, PF Sloan, The Dobrovniks, The Sundays, Galaxie 500, Echo & The Bunnymen, Primal Scream, Spiritualized, Green Day, Rage Against The Machine, Bright Eyes, Beach Boys, Art Brut, The Ordinary Boys, Yann Tiersen, Los Planetas, Posies, The Shins, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Kula Shaker, Elbow, Sigur Rós, Giant Sand, Radio 4, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Luna, Jason Falkner, Jamie Cullum, R.E.M., Mojave 3, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Bandits, Ocean Colour Scene, The Stranglers, Sex Museum, Inspiral Carpets, Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, The Byrds, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Los Secretos, Jeffrey Lewis...

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

I'm very sorry too:(. I hope he recovers from that illness---->give him a lot of kisses & hugs. i think that giving tender to someone who is ill gives a lot of strength to that person & on the contrary, when a person is ill, if one can give tender to other person, one feels better inside.

#6 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:21 PM

well..

the disease has no cure.

#7 Dora Wow

Dora Wow

Beck's Personal Food Taster

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, squirrels, cats, Beck, Marshmallows, chocolate mice

• Current Mood:
    Nicotine and gravy

• What I Am Listening To:
    Hugh Masekela
  • no yes no!

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:25 PM

What age is your brother? :huh: He might be ok, sometimes these things effect people in a moderate 'easy to live with' way. Hopefully he will be able to manage it and live a long life. :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

[center]Je t'aime..................................................... moi non plus

#8 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

Operator of Bat-Posting Computer

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 18,558 posts
  • The thing is, we've taken away all the things that can't possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen in fact!

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:25 PM

I've heard of that disease before. I'm so sorry for you and your family :(
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex, wonderfully unfathomable, natural world? How does it so fail to hold our attention that we have to diminish it with
the invention of cheap man-made myths and monsters?"

#9 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,639 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:27 PM

Muscular dystrophy? I'm so sorry to hear that! :(

#10 guess i'm doing fine

guess i'm doing fine

Freefallin' Fajita

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Some of my favourite bands: Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Turin Brakes, Nick Drake, BabyShambles, Calla, Arctic Monkeys, Nerina Pallot, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Stone Roses, Charlatans, Tim & Jeff Buckley, Ryan Adams, Beth Orton, Joseph Arthur, Belle & Sebastian, Razorlight, The Animals, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, John Coltrane, Robert Johnson, Nina Simone, Doves, The Strokes, Elliott Smith, Oasis, U2, Supergrass, Blur, Manic Street Preachers, Nada Surf, The Cure, Dominique A, Antonio Vega, Mogwai, The Tyde, Johnny Cash, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Vines, Coldplay, Flaming Lips, The Jam, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Scissor Sisters, Suede, Shout Out Louds, The Automatic, The Cream, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, The Kinks, Syd Barrett, Pulp, James, Them, Radiohead, Ash, Electric Soft Parade, Keane, Muddy Waters, Deus, Wilco, The Walkmen, DJ Jeff Automatic, Sexy Sadie, She Wants Revenge, Editors, Manta Ray, La Habitación Roja, Budapest, Piano Magic, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, PF Sloan, The Dobrovniks, The Sundays, Galaxie 500, Echo & The Bunnymen, Primal Scream, Spiritualized, Green Day, Rage Against The Machine, Bright Eyes, Beach Boys, Art Brut, The Ordinary Boys, Yann Tiersen, Los Planetas, Posies, The Shins, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Kula Shaker, Elbow, Sigur Rós, Giant Sand, Radio 4, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Luna, Jason Falkner, Jamie Cullum, R.E.M., Mojave 3, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Bandits, Ocean Colour Scene, The Stranglers, Sex Museum, Inspiral Carpets, Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, The Byrds, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Los Secretos, Jeffrey Lewis...

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:29 PM

well..

the disease has no cure.

it doesn't matter, although that disease hasn't got any cure (i don't know about that disease very much), it's much better -for the person who is ill- to give tender & hope to that person, because when one has an illness one needs affection & love.

#11 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

What age is your brother? :huh: He might be ok, sometimes these things effect people in a moderate 'easy to live with' way. Hopefully he will be able to manage it and live a long life. :)

He's five.

#12 rabbits

rabbits

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

he's only five years old? oh, that is so sad. of course it would be sad at any age, but wow.
my prayers go out to your brother, you and the rest of your family.
Posted Image

#13 CLme

CLme

New-age Preacher

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

I'm so sorry. I hope he finds a way to live with it. Is it severe? :(
-Cynthia
Posted Image

#14 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,639 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

Hopefully he will be able to manage it and live a long life.  :)

Yes, I hope so, too. I was just reading the Wikipedia article. I didn't realize there were so many different kinds of muscular dystrophy! There is such a wide range of effects and severity. But of course, I know this is sad news no matter which kind he has.

#15 little-one

little-one

Sweet Sunshine

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

We don't know..he just got blood tests today.

#16 CLme

CLme

New-age Preacher

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

We don't know..he just got blood tests today.

Well, I hope for the best. *hug*
-Cynthia
Posted Image

#17 samora

samora

Resistance is Futile

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:yip-yip!

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

#18 mewzik

mewzik

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about it. Keep us informed on this if you want, or not, I mean we are wanting to be here to help (in an internet way.)
What's wrong with you? Never seen a space ship before?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 My Choice

My Choice

Courgette Conversationalist

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

Sign up to the world community grid, and your computer can help find a cure for muscular dystrophy, aids or cancer or whatever the net gives it to work on.
It is the best ever.

Also. :( about brother

#20 201330

Fried Muffin

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • NO MONEY NO HONEY

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

:(
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic