73 replies to this topic

#1 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,694 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

I'm not sure if it's on the stands yet, but reportedly there's an article in the January issue of Vanity Fair about Jeremy Blake and Theresa Duncan, and it goes into some detail about their dealings with Beck. Supposedly he had, at one time, been talking to Theresa Duncan about acting in a movie she wanted to make, but he ultimately backed out. The movie was to be called Alice Underground.

I think that must be the movie Beck mentioned in an interview in the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera a few years ago. Someone on the BBS translated parts of the article and posted it, and one thing Beck said was that he was going to be in a movie a friend of his was making. I don't remember exactly what he said, but the film had something to do with Alice in Wonderland. I always wondered what happened to that film!

I wonder when this issue will be on the stands, or if it already is?
Posted Image

#2 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

Operator of Bat-Posting Computer

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 20,016 posts
  • The thing is, we've taken away all the things that can't possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen in fact!

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:49 PM

I don't know, do they usually put next month's issues of magazines out this early?

Do you think the article will mention the plot of the movie?

tumblr_inline_mh8m4zBiqY1qz4rgp.gifBsAo4BWIgAEVCXW.png

"MMMMN PRIINCESS BUBBLEGUM,

WE ARE STARVING, IMMEDIATELY SEND US ALL OF YOUR CANDY. HOW DARE YOU.

OURS,

BsAuBdcIcAEsxPy.png"

#3 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,694 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

I don't know, do they usually put next month's issues of magazines out this early?

Do you think the article will mention the plot of the movie?

From what I've read about it, I think the article does go into the plot. It doesn't seem to be about Alice in Wonderland, per se.

Usually magazines go on sale by the middle of the previous month, but I think whether it's the first week in the month or the second week varies. If it's not out already, I'm pretty sure it will be out this coming week.
Posted Image

#4 Dora Wow

Dora Wow

Beck's Personal Food Taster

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, squirrels, cats, Beck, Marshmallows, chocolate mice

• Current Mood:
    Nicotine and gravy

• What I Am Listening To:
    Hugh Masekela
  • no yes no!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:45 AM

Oh, I hope its in the British edition of VF! Sometimes they fill the brit one with stuff about english notables instead. <_<

I will look for it at the newsagents today.

Posted ImagePosted Image

[center]Je t'aime..................................................... moi non plus

#5 sneakinsally

sneakinsally

98% Chimp

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:16 AM

It is in the new Vanity Fair with Katharine Hiegl on the cover. The name of the article is "THE GOLDEN SUICIDES"

I subscribe. I may get it in the mail today. If not today then Monday.

I will scan it and post it when I receive my issue.

Oh...it is on newsstands now.
Posted Image

#6 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,694 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:23 AM

It is in the new Vanity Fair with Katharine Hiegl on the cover. The name of the article is "THE GOLDEN SUICIDES"

I'll have to look for a copy. Though if you scan it before I buy it, I probably won't buy it, so that would be cool. :)

The New York Post ran an item yesterday about how Beck "drove" Theresa Duncan to kill herself (because he backed out of the movie). When I Googled him last night, a few hits came up referring to the Post story that had similar sensational headlines (e.g., "BLOOD ON BECK'S HANDS?"). That made me feel bad for him. Some of the blogs quoted a statement he'd issued denying that he was ever going to be in her movie. “That's ridiculous. Totally false. We never met to discuss the film. I did explain to her I wasn’t looking to act right then, and with the album, tour schedule and a baby on the way, it wouldn’t be feasible. Had we been closer and discussed anything as personal as religion, I would have only had positive things to say about Scientology.” But if this is the film he mentioned to the Italian newspaper, he apparently was, at some point, planning to do the movie. He told the Italian reporter that it was going to start filming that fall (in 2003).
Posted Image

#7 Dora Wow

Dora Wow

Beck's Personal Food Taster

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, squirrels, cats, Beck, Marshmallows, chocolate mice

• Current Mood:
    Nicotine and gravy

Hugh Masekela
  • no yes no!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

I'll have to look for a copy. Though if you scan it before I buy it, I probably won't buy it, so that would be cool. :)

The New York Post ran an item yesterday about how Beck "drove" Theresa Duncan to kill herself (because he backed out of the movie). When I Googled him last night, a few hits came up referring to the Post story that had similar sensational headlines (e.g., "BLOOD ON BECK'S HANDS?"). That made me feel bad for him. Some of the blogs quoted a statement he'd issued denying that he was ever going to be in her movie. “That's ridiculous. Totally false. We never met to discuss the film. I did explain to her I wasn’t looking to act right then, and with the album, tour schedule and a baby on the way, it wouldn’t be feasible. Had we been closer and discussed anything as personal as religion, I would have only had positive things to say about Scientology.” But if this is the film he mentioned to the Italian newspaper, he apparently was, at some point, planning to do the movie. He told the Italian reporter that it was going to start filming that fall (in 2003).

Holy god! :o This is horrific for Beck! I can't believe the press have the audacity to insinuate that Beck could drive people to suicide?!! :huh:

Even if Beck had been up for acting in that movie, no disrespect to him, but he's not a big ( in the movie world) enough name to get a movie up and running and into production. Beck pulling out of the project probably would not have made the slightest difference to whether it got made or not.

Poor Beck. :(

Posted ImagePosted Image

[center]Je t'aime..................................................... moi non plus

#8 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,694 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

Holy god!  :o  This is horrific for Beck! I can't believe the press have the audacity to insinuate that Beck could drive people to suicide?!!  :huh:

The Post is really bad about that sort of thing. (And some bloggers, too.) They want to pull people in with dramatic headlines, regardless of whether they're true or not.

The whole idea of placing blame for a person's suicide is pretty screwy, anyway. In 99.9% of suicides it's not just one thing. (Yes, I made up that figure. I really believe it is never just one thing, but maybe there are a handful of cases where it is.... :rolleyes:)
Posted Image

#9 Little Midnite Vulture

Little Midnite Vulture

Operator of Bat-Posting Computer

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 20,016 posts
  • The thing is, we've taken away all the things that can't possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen in fact!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

That's a terrible thing for people to say, accusing others of causing someone's suicide without any proof!

tumblr_inline_mh8m4zBiqY1qz4rgp.gifBsAo4BWIgAEVCXW.png

"MMMMN PRIINCESS BUBBLEGUM,

WE ARE STARVING, IMMEDIATELY SEND US ALL OF YOUR CANDY. HOW DARE YOU.

OURS,

BsAuBdcIcAEsxPy.png"

#10 samora

samora

Resistance is Futile

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:yip-yip!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

The Golden Suicides? Blood on Beck's Hands? How does garbage like this pass as reporting?

<_<

#11 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,694 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:47 PM

The Golden Suicides? Blood on Beck's Hands? How does garbage like this pass as reporting?

<_<

I don't mind "The Golden Suicides" so much--I think it's a bad title, but not that offensive. But "Blood on Beck's Hands?" is awful. I was glad to see that alot of the comments posted on that blog entry were criticizing the title. Then someone (maybe the blogger himself?) defended it by saying "It has a question mark at the end!" As if that makes it okay. :rolleyes:

I saw another one that said "Yeah, It's All Beck's Fault!" But I think that person was being sarcastic. (Hmm...maybe I shoulda called this topic "Nobody's Fault but Beck's Own?"....)
Posted Image

#12 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,694 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

P.S. I don't want to joke about it, but if I did, I'd make a new version of my signature pic that read "SERIOUS BECK IS SO SERIOUS, HE'LL DRIVE YOU TO SUICIDE." :ph34r:
Posted Image

#13 samora

samora

Resistance is Futile

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:yip-yip!

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

P.S. I don't want to joke about it, but if I did, I'd make a new version of my signature pic that read "SERIOUS BECK IS SO SERIOUS, HE'LL DRIVE YOU TO SUICIDE." :ph34r:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

:ph34r:

#14 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,694 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:59 PM

P.S. I don't want to joke about it, but if I did, I'd make a new version of my signature pic that read "SERIOUS BECK IS SO SERIOUS, HE'LL DRIVE YOU TO SUICIDE.:ph34r:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

:ph34r:

"I'M A LOSER BABY, SO WHY DON'T YOU KILL YOURSELF"

Edit: Sorry, I'll stop.... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#15 rabbits

rabbits

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

heeee :lol:
Posted Image

#16 chainstore

chainstore

even I'm selling a lifestyle!

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

<_<

I don't mind "The Golden Suicides" so much--I think it's a bad title, but not that offensive. But "Blood on Beck's Hands?" is awful. I was glad to see that alot of the comments posted on that blog entry were criticizing the title. Then someone (maybe the blogger himself?) defended it by saying "It has a question mark at the end!" As if that makes it okay. :rolleyes:

I saw another one that said "Yeah, It's All Beck's Fault!" But I think that person was being sarcastic. (Hmm...maybe I shoulda called this topic "Nobody's Fault but Beck's Own?"....)

Does that mean using a ? is like bloganese for allegedly or something now? sheesh. :blink:

#17 Candy with Strangers

Candy with Strangers

Nice Lady

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 34,694 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

<_<

Does that mean using a ? is like bloganese for allegedly or something now? sheesh. :blink:

Bloganese? :lol: I like that! Yeah, I guess so. Appropriated from Tabloidese, probably.
Posted Image

#18 rabbits

rabbits

Totally Phat

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:19 PM

<_<

Bloganese? :lol: I like that! Yeah, I guess so. Appropriated from Tabloidese, probably.

Posted Image
bolognese?
Posted Image

#19 chainstore

chainstore

even I'm selling a lifestyle!

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:57 PM

shudder* I hate bologna. hmm. blogs = the internet's bologna? I wonder how closely either are related to spam of either kind :lol:.

#20 the central scrutinizer

the central scrutinizer

Make Out City

• Official Stewoo'ers
  • 9,158 posts
  • Interests:uhhhhh.....

• Current Mood:
    perplexed

Man Man

• Wanted Beck Items:
    all things beck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 'twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimbel in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves, and the momewraths outgrabe

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

shudder* I hate bologna

u and me both

gag
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users